Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collie Puppies - more pictures post #12

Collie Puppies - more pictures post #12

I know I haven't posted here much in the last several months.. but just wanted to share...

Lyra (Avondale Spiritwind Aurora - 14pts, both majors) had her babies yesterday, March 29th. She had 4 blue merles - 1 female and 3 males. She is 5 yrs old, and this is her first litter, but she is being an excellent mother!..

The sire of the litter is a Rough tri by the name of Owen - CH Limerick's Tartanside Patriot.

I love smaller litters, so much eaiser!

Love the little split faced boy!

Last edited by Spiritwind; 04-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

looooove them!!!.. mega cute... love blue merles.. awww...

once you told how you tell apart smooths from roughs but I forgot.. is any here smooth? seeing both parents are rough
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Awwww, so cute! Good job, Mama Lyra!
    I've Been Frosted

BABIES!!! I absolutely love collies. My parents had one before I was born. I forgot how awesome they are. I think I may eventually have to add one to my family... down the road... Lol
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Thanks everyone! I'll post more pictures as they grow! I'm glad they are all doing well and Lyra is being a good mother. The 3rd pup born was the female. She gave me a bit of a worry. She came out head first, already out of the placenta, and Lyra had one heck of a time getting her out. She is the largest pup. Since her head was sticking out I got her breathing, cleared out her mouth, while trying to help Lyra when she had contractions... but she just couldn't do it. Her shoulders just wouldn't come out. Really thought I was going to have to take her to the vet to get this puppy out, and end up losing the pup. Finally I was able to get her out after I put petroleum jelly type stuff around the pup to help slide her out. Of course by that time the puppy was purple and gasping for air... but soon as I got her out she pinked right up and was breathing just fine so I think she will be just fine.. she just gave me a bit worry.

I can see it now.. she'll probably end up being the trouble maker of the bunch.. especially since she is the only girl as well!..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    looooove them!!!.. mega cute... love blue merles.. awww...

once you told how you tell apart smooths from roughs but I forgot.. is any here smooth? seeing both parents are rough
    Nope.. these guys are all roughs, since both parents are roughs. Rough x Rough can only produce rough...

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    BABIES!!! I absolutely love collies. My parents had one before I was born. I forgot how awesome they are. I think I may eventually have to add one to my family... down the road... Lol
    Haha.. Collies are great dogs! If you ever decide to get one (rough or smooth) I know a few breeders up in your area...
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Oh my, look at the tiny, precious new-born puppies with beautiful mother Lyra! Congratulations, Spiritwind!

Edited to add: 3 male and one female puppy - makes me t hink of the movie title, Three Men and a Baby ... I'll bet you have really cute names picked for them!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That's awesome to know. I will definitely keep that in mind. I like when people can recommend a good breeder.

PUPPIES

Awwwwwww !!!

I can't wait to see them grow. What a frightening story about the little girl. I bet she will be a strong little whopper. They are so precious!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Good thing there aren't any tri's or I'd be sorely tempted to tell you to send one this way.

Cute pups, can't wait to see them grow.

*Thanks Ashley*

What a bunch of beautiful babies! I hope you will continue to post pictures of them. It will be so much fun to see them grow up!

Thanks everyone!! I will for sure post pics at least weekly as they grow. I'll attach some 3 day old pictures of them right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post
    Good thing there aren't any tri's or I'd be sorely tempted to tell you to send one this way.

Cute pups, can't wait to see them grow.
    Shelteez.. haha, you know you want a blue merle! Your favorite color!! LOL

Anyway.. here the babies are at 3 days old..

The little fatties that they are!!..

Then this guy... I was TRYING to get a face picture of him, I just LOVE the little split faces.... but he wouldn't stop sucking on my fingers... LOL

I've Been BOO'd!!

These pictures are killing me, in a good way!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

What cuties! Can't wait to watch them grow up!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh wow, the split is going to be GORGEOUS. There is a blue great dane with a split face at the dog park... absolutely gorgeous. (I know they aren't the same LOL!!!) I really think blue merles are my favorite. Lyra is just beautiful herself!!!