Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walkies! VERY Photo heavy!

Walkies! VERY Photo heavy!

Come join us for our new hour and half walkies! Bridgham Farm. It is a lovely place, and some of us even get to be OFF LEASH! WOOF! We are going to do a part of the 2.7 mile loop walk around Turner Reservoir / Central Pond, right here in our home town of East Providence. Here is a map:

Same map. Showing the route we will take. Red is us going in (we start at the bottom), Blue is us coming back out to the car.

As you can see, the terrain includes a bit of everything! Open fields, wooded paths – watch out for the tree roots! – and water’s edge. Oh, the far right of the map got cut off on that pic, here is one that shows it all:

That small bit at the far right is on the main road, you walk on the side walk and cross the bridge over the river. On the other side, the walk continues on a nice board walk for some part of the way. We’ll show you that another time!

We start at the parking area at :

As you can see behind the sign, we start at the wide open field!

Lacey and Marlin get to be off leash. Tasha can’t be trusted to return (yet), and Sugar feels more comfortable on leash.

Marlin loves to stop and sniff, so he ends up behind us a lot!
    Last edited by Freedom; 06-26-2011 at 06:32 PM.

There are lots of nice smelly things to roll in! Good thing we see the groomer on Monday, he hee. Lacey checks it first –

And then Tasha decides to give it a roll!

There is stuff to sniff all OVER the place, not just on the path! Marlin

Lacey

Houses along the field edge have lovely views, and huge picture windows to take it all in.

The path we are taking goes off to the left on the map, to the far edge of the field and into some woods.

Right front: Tasha, Marlin behind her. Left, Lacey, Sugar in back.

“Hurry up, Mom and never mind all the photos!” – Lacey

Even though we’ve been here many times, it is always interesting. Squirrels and birds make up most of the wildlife we see at the hours we have been there.

The path curves to the right up ahead to the right of the small pine tree you see, that is where the fork is.

First glimpse of the water

“Oh all RIGHT, I will just stay here and wait for you!” Tasha

Calm water. Can you see the green canoe near the island?

The pups often are behind me, as they had to stop and sniff some more! Sugar and Tasha.

Walking along beside the pond. From back to front: Marlin, Lacey, Tasha and Sugar..

Canadian geese

The path ahead of us

Bottoms UP! LOL feeding time for the pair of swans who hang out in the area.

They were so intent, it was tough to get a photo with both of them head up, ha haa!

Another pair of Canadian geese.

The top of the dam, and the brick structure next to it.

Up a low rise, and we are in the open again. Marlin.

Even though some are off leash, “dogs of the fluff flock together!” Front Tasha, Marlin on left. Rear, Lacey, Sugar on left.

Nice clear walking for a bit, now.

Tasha always needs to check the rocks.

Here is a bit of info about the area:

Slight downhill, more open area.

Where our path continues.
    Last edited by Freedom; 03-20-2010 at 08:47 PM.

But first, a look to our left!

For the purists in our midst!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN_6O3slvr8

“Wanna go this way?” Uh, no, that leads to a street!

Let’s go down the path into woods again.

Take a look back over your shoulder!

Even though we are in the woods, it is a clear path in this section, no roots to worry about.

Last edited by Freedom; 03-20-2010 at 06:12 PM.

We arrive at yet another parking area, where the big sign board is.

All these fish live in that pond!

We turn around and head back through that short wooded section, come out in the open next to the falls, and then head through to the field again.

Lacey and Marlin know to follow the path back to the car, lol.

Even Sugar takes a chance and gets ahead of Mum! Gasp! She doesn’t do that very often.

Can you see the red car? That is ours; we are back to the start, “dog tired” and ready for nap!

Thanks for coming on walkies with us!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Whew!!!! I'm ready for a nap after just looking at all those pictures. Great trek - and the fluffs are so good. I couldn't help but be a little worried tho - just you and the pups and no one else around - and in a wooded area??? You're braver than I am. I guess I've gotten overly cautious in my old age............

Be careful - please............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

No worries, Ellie. There were many other folks there, with and without dogs. I timed my photos and . . . they were not all taken on the same day because I couldn't always get the shot I wanted, he hee!

Today being Saturday, and sunny and close to 70, there were many folks out in their back yards as well, doing yard work etc. It isn't nearly as "desolate" as it appears in these pics!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Okay - I feel better now. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you and those precious fluffs!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

WOW! That is a gorgeous place to walk cute white puppies! Do they ever go near the water? or IN? I loved this thread alot, it looks like such an enjoyable walk. Towards the last pictures, they seem to be getting very far ahead, I'd PANIC. I wish Mikey could be trusted off-leash! I really enjoyed these shots, though. That looks beautiful and looks like the fluffs really enjoy it. Get some more sometime

Awesome pictures! Delta would just love it... being able to be off leash and running through the woods. (Delta has an awesome recall so she can be trusted. We've worked on it since day 1) It looks like a well populated area... so I wouldn't be too worried. Do people passing care if your dogs are off leash? Cuz that's awesome.

I love all the pictures. I feel like I was right there walking with you. LOL
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. Well, the "rules" clearly state that all dogs must be leashed "or under voice control." Of course, they also clearly state no owner may bring more than 3 dogs (which is our city ordinance). Oops!

Most folks use this as a place to let their dogs off leash. I do leash mine up when I see another dog approaching, as I don't know what mine would do. On leash, I know that Lacey is leash reactive. And Tasha just doesn't agree that those large breeds are "dog," she is convinced they are some scary monster alien which needs to be attacked (working on this).

The dogs did get a bit ahead on the way back, but they go to the car park fences and . . . sit and wait for the ole lady to catch up! (That would be me!) Typically, I call them back and leash them prior to actually entering the car park area.

I've only discovered this about a week back, amazing as it is so close to home! Anyway, they have not yet gone near the water. I wondered if they would chase the geese and just go in after them, but so far they don't even go for the geese! Bichons have little to no prey drive, lol.
    Last edited by Freedom; 06-26-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Dear Tasha, this picture makes my eyes all leaky when I think about your "before" life and your happy life now! What a beautiful place for walking on a lovely day. Here are loads of ((((HUGS)))) for Tasha, Marlin, Lacey and Sugar and some extra (((((HUGS)))) for your kitty-siblings too.

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678