Thread: Mercedes growing up

Mercedes growing up

Hey all,

Been quite busy lately but I can spare a few minutes to post these pictures I took last week when Mercy had her first free run in the house (we always begin in the bathroom, where there are no wires, places to get stuck or not come out from!). They aren't the best quality, and she was a bit nervy so spent a lot of time taking a few steps forward and then several steps back to the corner to hide!

She has such a sweet personality and will cuddle up on your shoulder and go to sleep. She's also a complete pig, she seemed to get a pot belly really quickly at about six weeks old. I've never known that with Flossie or Tia as babies. Fortunately, with some careful diet management, she looks sleek again!

If you saw her baby photos, you can see how much she's faded out in the space of only a month (husky roan rats gradually lose the banding pattern as they age). She'll be white before I know it!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Great pictures of your pretty girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Aww she's just so cute!

Niño & Eliza

She is so incredibly beautiful. I love those sweet faces. Is she spoiled terribly?

She is most certainly spoiled and she knows it. She is a very kissy and snuggly girl, though, so she knows all the right buttons to press to receive extra attention and treats!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Mercy is a cutie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

She must've LOVED having the run of the room!! When I used to let Winkie free, he'd go nuts!!! All my cats were afraid of him though. He'd bit RB MooShoo on the nose if he got too close. God, I miss them both so much!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Zara, I HAD no clue you got a new ratty girl! She's such a gorgeous girl, I love her patterns and she's so sweet looking. Congratulations on your new girl.

She is adorable, and looks like such a sweetheart!! How old is she now?

Thanks everyone. Mercy is now about 10 weeks old and she's already quadrupled in size (at least!) from the size she was when I brought her home at four weeks of age. I think she's going to be quite a big girl.

Donna, I love that little anecdote about Winkie and the cats, sounds like he ruled the roost . Little Mercy jumps out her skin if you sneeze, so I don't think her bravery measures up to dear Winkie's.

Zimbabwe 07/13

She's so pretty.