My son emailed me and said his 9 yr old chihuahua is in the throes of pancreatitis and is not doing well. She is on an anti inflammatory, anti-diarheal, and pregnezone. She has been in the hospital once to be hydrated. She is still having loose stools, mostly in the evening. The mornings, they seem to be better, she poops and then tries again 4 or 5 times, with very little coming out, and I guess from the straining, starts to bleed alittle...I know that can't be good.... like dry heaves of the butt...

The vet told him to feed her 'Sara Lee' chicken slices and 'Halo'
Spot Stew. Does this sound like the right kind of diet to you all? The dog has lost about 3 lbs. and she was only 9 lbs to start with... Is there anything else you can think of he can do or try? He is self employed and his work is slow right now, so he is home with her most of the time and really trying to take care of her as best he can... any thoughts, opinions, suggestions..? We really want to get this under control... He is in PA. and I am in FL. , so we are just emailing each other and I told him I would try and find out all I could from the forums. Thanks for any replies...