Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom Parade

Bathroom Parade

I love the morning bathroom parade. This morning I get up to do my usual first morning thing......in walks Tink who makes her little throaty noises, stands with her butt towards me and tail up. I give her a scratch. She sniffs the trash can and walks out. Next comes Mack, he walks in with a meow and stands, marching in place, kneading his paws on the floor while I give him some scratches. He would stay there indefinitely if I continued to pet him. Mama cat usually does not come into the bathroom all the way. She looks in and walks by. Buddy has already seen me because he sleeps right next to me and I always give him kisses before I get out of bed.

Anyone else have the bathroom parade in the morning?

Well, I don't have a "parade" - unless you count a parade of one! Pinot accompanies my husband as well as myself into the bathroom. She needs to monitor the situation to make sure everything is done to her satisfaction after all!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

( I know this is off topic since I'm posting about my dog in a cat behavior thread) I usually go myself before walking Koko in the morning, and she will follows me into the bathroom. If I look back at her while I am going, she will look up at me with a big grin as if to say "I know what your doing daddy,"or maybe its,"O'boy we can go for our walk now". Either way she is a happy camper.

My cats are shy I guess because they do their business when no one is around.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

my cats usually stroll in and out repeatedly while I'm on the potty, but if my BF is going #2 he says that Toby usually wants to stay in there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Well, I don't have a "parade" - unless you count a parade of one! Pinot accompanies my husband as well as myself into the bathroom. She needs to monitor the situation to make sure everything is done to her satisfaction after all!
    Ohhh...a parade of one is still a parade. They are just so curious about the bathroom, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    ( I know this is off topic since I'm posting about my dog in a cat behavior thread) I usually go myself before walking Koko in the morning, and she will follows me into the bathroom. If I look back at her while I am going, she will look up at me with a big grin as if to say "I know what your doing daddy,"or maybe its,"O'boy we can go for our walk now". Either way she is a happy camper.

My cats are shy I guess because they do their business when no one is around.
    Doggies are welcome in this topic! I forgot that Casey would always sit in the doorway of the bathroom while I was in there. She did not like the bathroom because the TUB was in there, so she did her monitoring from the doorway.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    From the dog side..........

Sparky could care less. Maybe he associates it with "bath", but he hardly ever comes in.

Myndi on the other hand is my shadow everywhere I go - including the bathroom. If I'm "sitting" - she has her front paws up on my leg, when in the shower she waits on the bathmat, at the sink for any reason - then she's right there checking that out too. If she doesn't show up when I'm in there any time of the day, then she's in a deep sleep and just didn't hear me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pearl has to be in there with me. Sky will usually try to squeeze in if he can. I have a very small bathroom with just the shower and toilet and my sink/vanity area is outside the bathroom door. Sometimes Ziggy will come in but she usually just peeks around the door. Storm will rarely try to go in because he has the been there done that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Ohhh...a parade of one is still a parade. They are just so curious about the bathroom, aren't they?
    Well, to be honest, she's in the master bath when we're not home sometimes, too. It's one of her windows on the world. There are two large windows (and all our windows have deep sills) where she watches the forest behind our house. I talk to her while she's there about what she sees. Also, we have a full glass shower and she tries to get to the drops that are on the other side. It's really funny to watch! Other bath activities: a large garden tub where there are four small rubber duckies to bat around, up on the vanity to try and lick Mom's moisturizer off, figure eights around legs, out to the bedroom to see if Dad's ready to feed her yet (nope-darn), back to the bathroom, OOH, Mom's almost done - food imminent! Meet you at the top of the stairs!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Well, to be honest, she's in the master bath when we're not home sometimes, too. It's one of her windows on the world. There are two large windows (and all our windows have deep sills) where she watches the forest behind our house. I talk to her while she's there about what she sees. Also, we have a full glass shower and she tries to get to the drops that are on the other side. It's really funny to watch! Other bath activities: a large garden tub where there are four small rubber duckies to bat around, up on the vanity to try and lick Mom's moisturizer off, figure eights around legs, out to the bedroom to see if Dad's ready to feed her yet (nope-darn), back to the bathroom, OOH, Mom's almost done - food imminent! Meet you at the top of the stairs!!
    She has a good life! I always talk to my group as well when they are looking out the window(s). Tink knows the word "bug" now. If I say "Tink...get the bug!", she is right there. My cats will not go near the tub or sink. Apparently they are waterless cats.

I have water bowls in the bathroom for my boys (they are messy drinkers so bowls are only in the kitchen and bathroom. So, they will both go in there. But, Mac is the one who has to supervise things in the morning. He follows me in there and has to make sure I follow the routine to his specifications. He hops up on the sink and just watches. He doesn't even move when I want to use the mirror to moisturize my face and put on makeup! He is just my buddy in the morning. Ming will follow my son in there, he's my son's cat, but not me very often. I always get a kick out of how they just HAVE to be there! Oh, Ming love jumping in the tub and checking to see if there is any moisture left from someone's shower. He will jump to the top of the shower door and bat at you whilie you are taking a shower. I guess he's the closest thing I have to a "water cat".
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We have a variety of kitty bathroom antics here.

My Philly likes to run in and jump up on the sink to give me head butts while I'm, errrr, ummm, seated.

In the mornings, it's Molly on the back of the toilet tank peeking around the towel that hangs above, making her little trilling noises at me.

Also in the mornings, Piper gets in the tub and plays peek-a-boo around the shower curtain.

And at any given time Molly can come in and do a bunch of kneading motions while standing, flopping and rolling on the little throw rug, rubbing your legs, etc.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

From the bird side. . .

My Senegal Parrots, Sage and Djimo, often keep me company in the bathroom. The amuse me while I sit. They walk around on the sink and like to knock things on the floor. Sage asks for kisses and Djimo does his "Mr. Fluffy" routine, where he fluffs up to twice his size and sways back and forth to let us all know that the bathroom is his domain. He likes to give the "other Senegal" in the mirror a bop with his beak to let him know that he doesn't belong there. Djimo understands bathroom etiquette and will turn round to poopie in the sink so that I can wash it away. Sage doesn't care. . .

They also like to walk along the edge of the open vanity cabinet doors and peer inside, perhaps thinking that it might be a nice nesting place?

The other morning while I was getting ready for work, Sage was on top of her cage and I was brushing my teeth. She fluttered down to the floor (her wings are clipped for safety) and walked into the bathroom to stand on my foot while I brushed. It was adorable!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    From the bird side. . .

My Senegal Parrots, Sage and Djimo, often keep me company in the bathroom. The amuse me while I sit. They walk around on the sink and like to knock things on the floor. Sage asks for kisses and Djimo does his "Mr. Fluffy" routine, where he fluffs up to twice his size and sways back and forth to let us all know that the bathroom is his domain. He likes to give the "other Senegal" in the mirror a bop with his beak to let him know that he doesn't belong there. Djimo understands bathroom etiquette and will turn round to poopie in the sink so that I can wash it away. Sage doesn't care. . .

They also like to walk along the edge of the open vanity cabinet doors and peer inside, perhaps thinking that it might be a nice nesting place?

The other morning while I was getting ready for work, Sage was on top of her cage and I was brushing my teeth. She fluttered down to the floor (her wings are clipped for safety) and walked into the bathroom to stand on my foot while I brushed. It was adorable!
    That is so cute! I think birds are very intersting. I have never owned one myself but had a friend that had one that could sing "I left my heart in San Francisco". I can just picture them walking on the sink and knocking things over.

Adorable!
    Almost every night Michael wakes up from sleeping in the living room and comes into my room. He headbutts my door and walks right in.
    He sleeps with me at the edge of the bed. In the middle of the night he likes to walk slowly up to me and lay his head on my pillow.
    He's an outdoor cat so I always try to wipe his paws with a baby wipe or water before I let him in my bed.