Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Daisy - update post 43

Thank you so much to each and every one of you. Your support means such a lot.

Karen, I'm so very sorry to hear of Daisy's passing. Major LES here so it's hard to type through my tears. I feel like I've lost one of my own. You did the right thing and now she's no longer suffering and is free of pain. Now I have to break this sad news to my Storm that his sweetheart has passed on. He'll cherish her Valentine's Day cards forever. RIP sweet Daisy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I know this doesn't help much, but you did what you did out of love. There can be no greater love than to end their suffering. I hope I am that strong and loving when the time comes. Daisy is nothing but thankful, and she loves you still very much.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Athens, GA USA is where I currently live.

Sweet Daisy

I'm so sorry for your loss of Daisy I cry for you. At least she was very fortunate to have you, a happy life which is much more than so many cats in this world get to experience, and I'm glad you had her for the time you did. I wish comfort and peace of mind to you and yours.
    There are no ordinary cats. - Colette

I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Daisy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    I know that you did all you could for her and that she lived a long happy life with you.
    Sending hugs your way. Please give Jessica and Samantha a hug and kiss from me, I'm sure they are missing Daisy a lot since they have always been together.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

What crushing news to hear. Oh, Karen, none of expected to hear this! I am so sad to learn that Daisy is gone. What a love she was. My thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

Have only just seen this Karen, I am so, so sorry that Daisy had to leave you. Sending my love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all so very much.

I have spoken to the vet about Daisy's test results and it seems very possible that she had a fast growing tumour in the lung. They can't say that with 100% accuracy because that test was not run when she first became ill, but the problem was definitely not with her heart, or asthma as a couple of people had suggested.

If it was an infection, then the antibiotic had not made any difference, she was getting worse. The first night we took Daisy to the vet, she said that the fact that her chest had been clear two weeks previously pointed to something other than an infection. That surprised me, but she said that cats will normally fight an infection for longer than that before it becomes a problem.

All in all, I think the concensus of the three vets that she saw, and the test results, point to a tumour.

Samantha and Jessica have been out-of-sorts, but they seem a little better today. So far as I can tell, they are not looking for Daisy though. Hopefully they understand.

Karen, my dear friend.....
    I read this the other day but could bring myself to post. I've been struggling to find just the right words to say that might bring you comfort. Most of us here know the pain of losing a precious furbaby and we know the void it leaves. I'm sending some big hugs and to you and the rest of the family. Please give some kisses to Jessica and Samantha for me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Karen, for some reason that is just what I was afraid it would be. I know how fast it all went in Tigris and I couldn't believe any other condition would take away the Daisy girl so quickly.
    So the best thing we can say is that her suffering was only short- and it could have been long
    But on the other hand te time to say goodbye was so short.
    Hugs to all of you- well not to Jessica and Sam as I know they don't appreciate hugs from strangers

Karen!! I am so sorry that I was not on top of things, and just now had the chance to see your thread on your dear Daisy. You went the full route for Daisy, and she knows you did all you could to help her. HUGS to you....Sleep softly, dear sweet Daisy...
    Nine is Fine!!

Karen, I am so sorry to hear this. If it indeed was a tumour, then she has been spared the suffering that would come with it, and letting her go was the kindest thing you could have done for her. My condolences .

Zimbabwe 07/13

Thank you very much everyone. Daisy was a popular little girl, for sure!

Barbara, Tigris has been a lot in my mind. This sounded similar to the situation that you faced with him. It just went so fast.

I have delivered hugs and kisses to Samantha from her loving aunties, and I have told Jessica that her loving aunties send her hugs and kisses. Samantha is a bit clingy, but they are both settling down I think.

So sorry to hear your sad news, Karen Lots of prayers and hugs from China.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm so sorry about Daisy! You gave her all the love she could get.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb