Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breed of puppy?

breed of puppy?

hey guys, im emma and new to pet talk i just recently stumbled upon it. anyway, i just recently got a new puppy (some neighbours were going to give her away, so we ended up with her!) so we were told she was a lab but she has a small patch of white hair on her belly and many people have told me she looks as if she may have boxer or doberman, because her face doesn't seem like a full lab. What do you guys think?

She certainly looks like she could be pure Lab to me, that sweet blocky head, and nice shiny fur! Don't let the one white patch fool you, it is considered a fault in show dogs, but can happen. Only time, and what she looks like full grown, will yield more clues.

She is a beauty, and obviously now well-loved!
    I've Been Frosted

She looks full lab to me....i have seen tons of purebred labs have whie patches..........i heard that is wut happens wen they come from a mommy that is blonde

Welcome to Pet Talk, Emma!!
    I agree with Karen, she looks like a full beautiful black Labrador Retriever!
    But, her sweet face is a little more blocky, definitely not Doberman Pinscher (they have long, narrow, almost pointy snouts), but I almost think I see Mastiff in her face, especially in the second picture. Has the been to the vet yet, if so, did they tell you how much she weighs? If you gave us her age and weight, then I might be able to tell if a larger breed is mixed in her. Labrador puppies normally weigh between 12-15 lbs at * weeks, if I recall. Whatever she is, she's cute.

How old is the puppy? Name?

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

She almost looks like she has a shar pei head. You'll have to see what she grows into. White patches are faults and can be a sign of cells not getting to where they need to be while the baby is developing in the uterus (only in certain breeds where white patches aren't part of the coat genetics). A small white patch shouldn't be enough to worry, but you definately should spay her when she's old enough.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

She looks all lab to me. Too cute. Irescue a lot of purebred pups have wrinkly heads. Doesn't make them shar pei.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

She definitely has a lot of lab in her but something about her face says she's not full breed. But who cares she is a beauty.

I see no wrinkles to remind me of shar pei. What does make me think sharpei is the hippo shaped head with the small nose and round eyes. Its probably just the angle of the picture though.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

hello

looks lab and bull mastiff or boxer to me how much does she way?

she sure looks like she has ALOT of lab in her, but she could have a little bit of boxer. We think my dog is a boxer/ lab mix and he looked alot like her. I'll attach a pic when he was around her age.

ok, maybe he was a little bigger, lol
    He was a pound puppy

he's around 80 pound now... and still a lap dog, lol

Honestly, she looks like a English Labrador Retriever. There is a clear difference between a American Lab and English Lab. English Labs are more bulkier and tend to have a blocky head than the American Lab.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I know this is an old post but I think she looks like a full blooded lab/
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

She looks full Lab to me, but the second picture.... her face almost reminds me of a Great Dane puppy!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    She looks full Lab to me, but the second picture.... her face almost reminds me of a Great Dane puppy!
    I thought the same thing.

EM14, I just wanted to say that your puppy is adorable! I hope she grows up to be happy, healthy, strong and beautiful. And Stace1319, the 80-pound lap dog is a total cutie too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678