Thread: Sassy the epicure

Sassy the epicure

Today I made lasagna, and Sassy was beside himself. He couldn't rest until I had given him a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce. I'd forgotten how passionately he loves tomato sauce.

This is just one of the peculiar foods that Sassy is particularly fond of. Others include

creamed corn
    green olives
    bread, any kind except garlic
    doughnuts
    marshmallows
    chocolate milk shakes

I tried giving a little of the tomato sauce to Striker and Missy, as well. They sniffed at it very carefully, then gave me a filthy look and stalked out of the room. Clearly they don't share Sassy's gourmet tendencies.

Does anyone else have cats with strange food quirks?
    Gin

Dear Sassy,

I will have to get my human to offer me tomato sauce. i will let her think it's her idea .

I like the teeny tiny shrimp sometimes found in egg rolls when my human brings them home from the Chinese restaurant. We have a routine - I get so pesty, meowing and hovering, that she cuts open the egg roll and pulls out the "inside" with a fork to find a shrimp for me -- she s me, I think.

I love milk, especially after it's been poured over dry cereal - my human always leaves a teaspoonful or two of milk in the bowl for me to drink. I also like cheese. When my human eats yogurt I hang around her until she puts a little on the foil lid for me. She holds it and I lick it off the foil.

I will try and get her to offer me a chocolate milk shake, too - she loves those. Thank you for the great suggestions!

Purrs,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My big black MAGIC boy (R/B) just loved strawberries!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    This is just one of the peculiar foods that Sassy is particularly fond of. Others include

creamed corn
    green olives
    bread, any kind except garlic
    doughnuts
    marshmallows
    chocolate milk shakes

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Sassy,
    I will try and get her to offer me a chocolate milk shake, too - she loves those. Thank you for the great suggestions!

Purrs,
    Cassie
    Oh, don't eat those, Sassy and Cassie.. chocolate is NOT good for cats!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, don't eat those, Sassy and Cassie.. chocolate is NOT good for cats!
    Dear Aunt Pat,
    Thank you for reminding my human that chocolate is not okay for kitties. When she brings home a chocolate milk shake, I'll go in the kitchen and meow until she gives me a pinch or two of catnip or a couple kitty treats.
    Purrs, headbumpies and lovies,
    Cassie

P.S. from human: My cat likes yogurt! I like the fruit on the bottom kind - she likes maybe 1/4 teaspoon spread on the foil lid so she can lick it off. She is also very interested in string cheese, which I like to take to work as a snack. The veterinarian said she can have a teaspoonful or two of milk, since she is not lactose-intolerant -- can I give her a very little yogurt? I tried giving her just a pinch of mozzarella off the cheese stick - she liked it and always wants some when I eat one, but I'm afraid to feed it to her. She got a hold of the corner of a Kraft single one day but it was a tiny piece. My sister's cats liked ham and turkey from the supermarket - they would come running when they heard the plastic bag opening.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My 21 year old, Tabby, also loves tomato sauce! She licks the plate after I have eaten paghetti... and then she smells like tomato sauce for a few hours!

She also loves popcorn (only the popped part, never any part of the husk), nacho cheese doritos, mushrooms, McDonald's french fries, cheese, and ice cream!

Sashie tends to stay away from people food, but we have recently discovered that she LOVES peppermint (I was eating a leftover candy cane one night and she came for a sniff and tried to bite a piece off!)

Both girls LOVE to share a can of tuna, which I treat them to once or twice a week!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Maybe I will try lasagna on Juke Joint Joseph, his regular favorites dont seem to interest him any more
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Don't worry, Joseph will eat again. He is just adjusting to being home. Give him a day or so before you start worrying.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!