Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Worry, Pit Bulls Aren't the Only Breed Discriminated

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Its sucks doesn't it?
    Try walking a cocker spaniel out in public
    . People just have to start to realize that temperment is individual. Maybe we need a Martin Luther King Jr. for dogs. A march on Washington. No more "racism" in the world of dog breeds.
    Really?!?!....I have never heard anything bad about Cocker Spaniels.As a home owner i do not have to worry about any of the above.My sister has had numerous problems with her "German Shorthair Pointer"Reese..He is a big baby..But for whatever reason,Any appartment they live in they have had the problem of the landlord giving them grief over Pointers eating walls...?!?Maybe he had a dog that did that prior to one of there units,Or is it common for German Pointers to be destructive?Either way im unsure..But Reese is a lovely boy!

I think all these regulations have come out over the years is moreless to save the landlords behinds.Who knows what has happend at there properties previously.Im sure in Appartment complexs there has been some kind of situations,I know first hand where my Grandmother resides there is alot of careless pet owners.So basically these breeds there crossing out,If they have had problems in the past i can see why there jotting that down in leases.It does not mean your dog is aggressive,or a bad dog because its a Dalmation,German Shepherd,or a Rotti.I think they moreless do it to save there tail in the end.

I know. But it still sucks. Lol
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

It's honestly ridiculious how so many dogs are now being discriminated. I once looked up a list of all the dogs under ANY BSL law in the country and pugs were on there, PUGS! Boston terriers, beagles, you name it. I don't know how legitimate it was but it made me very livid. This country is already about political correctness, why not just add on to the heap?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    It's honestly ridiculious how so many dogs are now being discriminated. I once looked up a list of all the dogs under ANY BSL law in the country and pugs were on there, PUGS! Boston terriers, beagles, you name it. I don't know how legitimate it was but it made me very livid. This country is already about political correctness, why not just add on to the heap?
    The sad thing is,There is nothing that we can do,and there will never be anything we can do to change this.When anyone with authority gets these things in there head,there is no stopping them.They call the shots and we have to obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan View Post
    The sad thing is,There is nothing that we can do,and there will never be anything we can do to change this.When anyone with authority gets these things in there head,there is no stopping them.They call the shots and we have to obey.
    I have always hoped, someday maybe a case will make it all the way up to the Supreme Court and they can rule it Unconstitutional. I don't believe that there is nothing we can do, I never have. I will always have the bleak hope that maybe someday we'll get our justice for this. This country was founded on the ideals of freedom and liberty. Yet, we get our choice of dog breeds taken away from us. It's just so sickly hypocritical, that I hope one day a smart politician (Do those even exist?) will push for a change. I have written letters to Washington, during both the bush and now Obama administration on this issue and have recieved nothing in return. Not that I expected anything, but I had hoped. State-wise, I have recieved the same treatment. LUCKILY, for now, BSL laws are only on the state-level. They have no reached federal highs yet that I know of. But if we don't put a stop to it soon, we might now be able to stop it from getting there.

I hear what you are saying,Luckily were i am we dont get much of that.Its moreless like a Childrens Aid (CAS) deal around here,I have had neighbors call the township on me for the dogs barking.There is Bylaws..When the lad showed up,The dogs barked at him and after he was in the house they all calmed down.I did not get mad at him he was doing his job,But from observing the situation,He said if there was any other calls he would just throw them away.My dogs bark..Only when someone pulls into the driveway or knocks on our door.And im fine with that.But you get the neighbors who have NO animals,and every little thing ticks them off.In life you will never be able to keep every person happy.Which is fine by me.

Luckily being in the country you dont get much of a hassle,But i know the bigger cities around me have by laws,I think it is only against Pit Bulls..Which is silly..Around here we are surrounded by Pitts..and they are all great friendly dogs..Im not sure what law is out on them,Only one im aware of is the muzzling..When out in public. You have to have them muzzled.I really do not pay much attention,if i did my blood would be boiling 24/7.

We can hope for change...Canada is different then the USA.We dont have all these restrictions like some places in the states,for that im happy.I truly feel for the ones that have to deal with the discrimintation on a daily basis!

It is so rotten that there's a restriction on breed or size no matter what the cause is. Like someone said above... i feel like it is unconstitutional. I do understand that there are some rotten dogs out there, but on the same hand I feel like it should be taken on a case by case basis. I think possible landlords should at least take the time out to meet these animals and their humans so not to automatically rule out the possibility of having one of the best tenants they could have asked for. I think that a landlord should put a restriction on the number of animals at a home and/or put in their lease agreement that the dog needs to be confined while the tenant is not home.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug