View Poll Results: Based on appearance alone which of these dogs would you most likely adopt

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog 1: Cinnemon

8 22.86%
  • Dog 2: Ziva

5 14.29%
  • Dog 3: Mischa

12 34.29%
  • Dog 4: Hunter

2 5.71%
  • Dog 5: Trouble

5 14.29%
  • Dog 6: Layla

3 8.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Survey...Based on appearance alone, would you have any of these dogs.....

I chose Mischa, she's gorgeous. I would take her in a a heart beat, and her eyes are brilliant.

I would also take Ziva, I remember seeing those pics for the first time, she reminds of Mikey a little - I don't know how, maybe personality wise. But I'd love her as well. Hunter also caught my eye, oh gosh he's gorgeous.

They're all beautiful.

#1Cinnemon I'm a sucker for bigger dogs and love black and tan dogs.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'd take any / all of them!

Don't have the life style / living space for larger dogs, but I'd take them if I could. THAT be my big problem, lol!

Some have white muzzles, suggesting they are older dogs? I am a sucker for homeless older dogizens!

I would adopt 1, 3 and/or 4. It's all in the eyes. And I have a thing for big dogs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I love Mischa! She looks very soft and snuggly. And I LOVE fluffy curly tails! Both of my boys would definitely be all over dat.

If I had children, I would still pick Mischa, as Huskies are infamously great with kids and she has very kind eyes. I'd have to change her name, though... that's my evil Stepmother's name!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Hmmmm .... Kind of a tough survey. I understand what you are getting at, though.

I prefer to own small, short haired-dogs. So honestly, none of these fit the bill for me. But, for the sake of your survey ....

My personal favorite in appearance alone is Hunter. I love his eyes, and he is beautiful. But he is a little big for my taste.

Ziva's a cutie, but hard to tell size. If he was small, I'd consider him.

Mischa is gorgeous, and I could deal with that much hair.

Trouble ... tooooo much grooming and upkeep for me. I groom other people's dogs all day, don't want to have to groom my own, too.

Layla .... just not one of my favorite breeds. Although, again, this is tough because to meet her in person, I might love her.

Cinnamon ... just not a look/size/color that normally catches my eye, as far as appearance. I would, though, probably rescue an old dog at a shelter no matter what.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I like number 1 best on looks but would never choose a pet on looks alone... you have to fit each other! I think all the dogs are beautiful and would not say no to any of them if the temperament was right!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Ok, Mischa would be my choice..Hairy with a big smile, plus black and white which I always think will be my next choice, having had tan (Cody) and black/brown/ white (Logan). I LOVE Layla too. Not only her beautiful name, but I love senior dogs. She looks adorable and sweet and in my growing years (HA!), senior looks good to me.

I've been Boooo'd!

I would adopt all of them but Micha i think it is the spunky looking one of all of them

Thank you all so much for your imput.

I can honestly say I am impressed and surprised that so many people would choose Cinnemon and Mischa. Being the Big Black Dogs of the group. You know "Big Black Dog Syndrome".

I was pleasantly surprised they they were the top picks

And I was actually surprised that the smaller dogs: Ziva, Layla, and Trouble didn't get as many votes.

This was very intersting and insightful and I thank you all

I assure you all but 1 have found their forever homes.

Cinnemon is a 14 year old female Lab mix (not sure what she is mixed with possibly Shepherd)

Mischa is a 1 year old female Husky/German Shepherd mix. (Mischa recently went to her forever home, she was 1 years old when she came to our shelter and she was fully trained in obedience and everything, her owners just traveled to much to keep her so she was adopted very quickly, if I had not been pregnant at the time she would have come home with me)

Ziva (actually my dog Sasha) is a 2 year old female Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua (something else) mix. Absolutely the best dog in the world (Okay I'm a little biased, but we have worked hard for her to be so good, very calm and easy going dog. Graduated top of obedience class. I'm very proud)

Layla: 13 year old female Purebred Beagle

Trouble: (Acutually my dog Zachary) is a 2 year old male minature poodle. He really is no trouble at all but trouble is his middle name, literally. He's a good boy, hyper as heck, but a good sweet boy.

Hunter: (age unknown) Believed to be a Pit bull/Shepherd mix, still looking for his forever home I'm afraid, but hopefully it will be soon.