Thread: Updates on my life

Hybrid View

Updates on my life

Hello everyone!! Remember me??!! ha, ha, ha....

Just wanted to check in and give you a brief update on why I have not been around.

Some of you remember that I have been taking care of my dad, who has dementia, well......he passed away on Tues. 3.3.10. he kept getting a fever, then recover from it, but each time he got worse & worse.

I was with him all weekend and his girlfriend (who also has dementia) kept asking when he was going to get better.....try answering that question. She last saw him on Sunday. I was there first thing on Monday morning, Hospice told me that he would probably pass that day. He didn't. I went home around midnight on Monday and slept in my clothes thinking I would get 'that' call. It never came. I was back there by 8 am and stayed until 6:00 pm. Hospice took over again and at 8:30pm we finally got the call..... we instantly left the house. The facility was only 5 minutes away, but by the time we got there, he had passed.....2 minutes before.

Even though we were fully prepared for this, I still took it very hard (which surprised me because I thought I was ok...)

He is being creamated and services are later this week. I know my father is in a MUCH better place, he now can hear clearly, think full and complete thoughts along with being able to speak full and complete sentences. Godspeed, daddy!

My life changed 3 years ago, I had to become a caregiver, something I knew nothing about and now once again it has changed, I can go back to the way it was.....which I'm not too sure I know what that was

Thanks for listening.....

Bunny
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

{{{hugs}}}.

Freedom is going through much the same thing as you did; I so feel for both of you.

I think it is only natural to get upset...he WAS your dad, and plus, just the release of stress from all those years.

Yes, I am sure your dad is walking and speaking, hearing, thinking and more!

As to going back to what you were before, I never did after my dad died.

"What I am to be I am now becoming."

And take your own time getting there.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry about the loss of your father. I hope someday the pain will ease and the good memories will be bright.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

May he rest in peace, an rejoice in reunion with all who have gone before.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry about the loss of your Father. May he rest in peace.

Of course i remember you well, so sorry you had such sad news for us all, please accept my sincere condolences at this difficult time in your life.

Yes life will be different and I am sure you will be feeling somewhat lost, just take comfort in knowing he is at peace now and you were a great daughter to him in his time of need,thinking of you and HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))