Thread: Frightened cat???

Frightened cat???

My cat Sundance used to sleep with me all the time at the foot of my bed, 2 nights ago he stopped and then last night I brought him in my room and put him on the bed and he took off really scared, this morning I brought him on my bed and the same thing also he used to also be in the bathroom when I took a shower now if I turn on the tub faucet he is real scared. Nothing happened to scare him, I can't figure this behavior out at all

Any help would be appreciated, he has a vet appt on Nov 5.

This is hard to say - Ritz goes through phases like this - she would sleep at the foot of the bed in a little nest all the time or cuddle next to me, then for months,nothing....she also used to hang out in the bathroom and wait for us to sprinkle water on her face after I got done taking a shower....then for a time you couldn't get her near the bathroom if your life depended on it....now she is doing both again, regularly.

Is there a different smell? Have you changed laundry detergent?
    Last edited by tuxluvr; 10-16-2002 at 09:16 AM.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

On the other side of the spectrum, Ritz has had a healthy loathing of the vaccuum cleaner.....the only time she hisses (other than at the vets office) is when this monster comes out of the closet.

Now, she has taken to sniffing it...and still watches with utter disdain, but no longer scurries away and hides for hours..

Have you tried luring Sundance to the bed with a favorite toy?

The only change I made was to put a different comforter on the bed for the winter season, same detergent. Maybe Sundance likes my summer quilt better!

Originally posted by kgeorge
    The only change I made was to put a different comforter on the bed for the winter season, same detergent. Maybe Sundance likes my summer quilt better!
    This very well could be the culprit! LOL Funny how cats can be choosy sometimes. Whas your comforter stored somewhere during the summer? It may just have a funny smell that your kitty doesn't like or possibly the texture??
    tuxluvr had a good idea, try to coax Sundance onto the bed with a favorite toy or even some treats. I can tell ya that now that it's getting cold, I like the added warmth that a kitty body can bring to the bed!

I will try his favorite food or some tuna, I miss him keeping me warm! Thanks everyone

Another good kitty "lure" is to put a plushy bath towel in the dryer for a few minutes, warm it up and fold it....Ritzy can't resist a warm towel...maybe if Sundance doesn't like the new comfortor, the towel will be more to his liking

I agree, winter coming means that a warm kitty in the bed is oh, so welcome!

Funny you should mention that....

My kitties had stopped sleeping on the bed over the summer months which meant Bella was the only one there. Well, last night, now that the temperatures are dipping, I noticed Trevor had made his way back onto the bed. As soon as I put the electric blanket back on I am sure Andy will join in too. Actually he may have been on the bed for a little while and left, because he becomes disgruntled if there is too much activity. He likes a nice quiet bed at night. He has little patience for tossing and turning.

Basil has stopped going to bed with us...he comes in when he wants to sleep, but we have been used to turning the lights out together. They do this stuff sometimes....we may never know why.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...