Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dobes & Dance: recent photos

Dobes & Dance: recent photos

Once again, I'm sorry I don't stop by and post more often. Just not enough time these days to keep up with the different boards I belong/ed to. My trio (er... mostly Ripley, haha) keeps me pretty busy, and I'm often away house-sitting and doing different dog related things. And when I am home, I don't tend to spend much time on the computer. But I do like to stop by semi-regularly and see what's going on, and while I do that, I figured today I'd share some recent photos of my crew for those that might miss seeing them. And just because I like to post pictures!

Dance is doing well -- she's her same silly, quirky little self. I don't show her anymore, but we still have lots of fun practicing obedience in hopes of getting a few titles on her in the near future. Hopefully this summer. I'd still like to get her into Agility, but that's not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately as the only good place I can find isn't within reasonable distance. One day, though! And Keira's the same as always. Just a sweet, sucky girl, constantly looking for attention from anyone willing, haha. Ripley just turned 10 months old and is a major challenge and a handful, but lots of fun and super sweet. Anyhow, onto the pictures, since I know that's what you're all waiting for. :-)

A group shot first, taken a couple weeks ago:

Dance...

More!

Keira..

More!

And Ripley..

Finished!

Great pictures as always, Devan! Your crew is beautiful and looks great.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Devon you have such a beautiful bunch of dogs!! What pretty girls, and what a handsome hunk!!

My dad and I were talking about getting a dog that we would own together, and he said he really likes Rottweilers. And I said, 'I'll make you a deal, we get a Doberman, you're pick', and he goes, 'RED'. I'm SOLD! I've secretly been thinking about a Dobe for quite some time now, and I'm glad that we would be able to 'share' this dog!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Good to see your pups! Dance looks so pretty in the snow! I love the closeups of the Dobies! They're all three adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Simpy stunning - the sheen on those coats is amazing (what do they use )

amazing pics.. I love them and how your camera captures them.. they are all simply stunning

and I noticed you have a thing for whales.. hehe..

what kind of setting did you use.. the action shots are so clear
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Devon you have such a beautiful bunch of dogs!! What pretty girls, and what a handsome hunk!!

My dad and I were talking about getting a dog that we would own together, and he said he really likes Rottweilers. And I said, 'I'll make you a deal, we get a Doberman, you're pick', and he goes, 'RED'. I'm SOLD! I've secretly been thinking about a Dobe for quite some time now, and I'm glad that we would be able to 'share' this dog!
    Haha, I agree, reds are the best! But do make sure you do a lot of research on the breed if you decide to head in the Doberman direction. They are (in my experience) much more head-strong, demanding and difficult to raise than a Rottweiler. I love the breed very, very much, but there are some days I wonder what we got ourselves into, LOL. Make sure you do a lot of breeder research too -- Dobes are plagued by bad breeders. And they have some pretty major health issues, so be very, very careful where you get a Dobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    amazing pics.. I love them and how your camera captures them.. they are all simply stunning

and I noticed you have a thing for whales.. hehe..

what kind of setting did you use.. the action shots are so clear
    Yes I do have a very big thing for Orcas -- always have! I was so excited when I found two collars with an Orca print on them, LOL.

I used different settings for the action shots, trying to see what worked best in the lighting those days. Mostly I kept my camera on Aperture Priority mode though with an aperture of f/2.8, with ISO 400.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Glad to see your crew again. I like the orcas too. These are really lovely shots.

Niņo & Eliza

Beautiful pictures! I can't believe how big Ripley is. Beautiful dogs.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Awww some of my favorite PT doggies! They are all so gorgeous! Ripley has GROWN! Wow. I love the first group shot.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Orangutango, your Dobes are beautiful. And Dance -- well, Dance just makes my heart skip a beat or two! Please give them some hugs and petting from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Devon, no need to worry about researching- I will be doing a lot, this dog won't even be thought of for a few years. I am in an RVT program, so I am learning and having hands-on experience with veterinary medicine. In the short time I've spent researching already, I've already seen some dobe breeders to frown upon.. I've definitely noticed that Rottweilers are a more goofy breed, where as dobes are much more serious.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Devon, no need to worry about researching- I will be doing a lot, this dog won't even be thought of for a few years. I am in an RVT program, so I am learning and having hands-on experience with veterinary medicine. In the short time I've spent researching already, I've already seen some dobe breeders to frown upon.. I've definitely noticed that Rottweilers are a more goofy breed, where as dobes are much more serious.
    That's good to hear! I just get worried when people mention Rotties and Dobes in the same breath, as a lot of people seem to think that they're more similar than they actually are. Good luck in your search!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller