Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
There's been a lot of negative talk about Chaz Bono being in this year's line-up. Does anybody think that it will affect the show itself, and people just won't tune in like they used to because of him? - or that they will watch it only because he is on?? - the freak show mentality of some folks?? I've heard some of the stupidest and most bigoted comments that's it's ridiculous. I may not personally agree with the way he has chosen to live his life, but to hear people say they don't want their kids watching the show because he is on it, is just plain stupid. It took a lot of guts for Chaz to go on the show, and also to do the documentary that he did when he went public with his transformation. Do you think that maybe the producers of the show did it for the shock value, thinking that it would up the ratings, since the show really is running out of interesting personalities to compete?? - IMO of course.
I heard that on the radio too that people were upset he was going to be on but I didn't understand why. I don't really agree with his lifestyle either but that is what he chose for himself. As far as parents having to tell their kids what he has done to himself, I don't understand why they would have to tell him anything. I think people just like to complain sometimes.