Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

Hybrid View

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't really get the whole nastiness toward Bristol. I mean, she's not exuding personality, but she's not a "negative nancy" either. (Kate was exuding personality, but almost 100% negative, I can see heated remarks about her, although I think some of them still become too personal...like people actually know her.) I have loved watching Bristol for a few reasons, but mostly because she seems like the most "normal" person I've ever seen on the show. It's like watching your neighbor learn to dance in front of millions of people. Her courage is great. I don't think I could do it. She dances really well, although I think she should be the one to leave tonight. At this point, I like everyone on the show, and last night was remarkable. I do hope Jennifer wins, though, as she's been my favorite since the first show.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I don't really get the whole nastiness toward Bristol. I mean, she's not exuding personality, but she's not a "negative nancy" either. (Kate was exuding personality, but almost 100% negative, I can see heated remarks about her, although I think some of them still become too personal...like people actually know her.) I have loved watching Bristol for a few reasons, but mostly because she seems like the most "normal" person I've ever seen on the show. It's like watching your neighbor learn to dance in front of millions of people. Her courage is great. I don't think I could do it. She dances really well, although I think she should be the one to leave tonight. At this point, I like everyone on the show, and last night was remarkable. I do hope Jennifer wins, though, as she's been my favorite since the first show.
    I completely agree, I am rooting for her. How many teenage kids in this country have not had sex? I know there are some but the majority have and this young lady had to endure lots of judgemental folks. I think she has a lot of class.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I completely agree, I am rooting for her. How many teenage kids in this country have not had sex? I know there are some but the majority have and this young lady had to endure lots of judgemental folks. I think she has a lot of class.
    Well, she's definitely had sex haha. But, people definitely judge judge judge. You couldn't pay me to be in the middle of a political family. They really get criticized more than anyone. I definitely think she presents herself well, and seems to be a genuine young girl, and quite ordinary...put in an extraordinary situation.

With that being said...I cannot believe tonight's elimination. Very sad, and totally shocked. Oh, well. I'm super rooting for Jennifer Grey, now!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thanks for not giving it away...I forgot not to read this. I guess I know that Jennifer is in the running but that I figured on....hmmm seems like you were surprised...I hope Brandy didn't get eliminated she is my favorite.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh, tonight's result! I am not happy. Grrr. I won't say any more.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I remember a few years back when Sara Evans was one of the "Stars". Thanks to Tom DeLay and his minions, she kept getting voted forward - until she withdrew because of a sudden divorce. Don't remember who was cheating on who in that marriage.

Anyway, it seems that there is a concerted campaign going on now for one particular dancer. I read on another board that there are website links and all.

If that is true - it's so wrong. I would withdraw rather than win like that. Or maybe I'm too old fashioned - thinking one should win on merit

Well, I think the winner ultimately chosen has a lot to do with talent...but a lot to do with fan base, too. There often seems to be one who really doesn't have the talent that manages to get to the finals. It says a lot for their fan base, loyalty is a big deal on this show. I remember when it was Mya vs Donnie Osmond...I wanted Mya to win, but knew Donnie Osmond had a bigger fan base. So, I wasn't completely shocked when he won. Anyway...how long do you have to wait on this thread before you can actually say names? I feel silly beating around the bush. :/