Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I believe that they were talking about the possible retirement of Hines from pro football.
    Oh man, that would be heartbreaking. He's one of the few athletes I love watching on and off the field. My brothers are Steelers fans, and my Hines is one of my husband's favorite football players!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

stars for season 13...

J.R. Martinez (public speaker, actor, sustained burns while in the U.S. Army in Iraq)
    Hope Solo (pro soccer player)
    Carson Kressley
    Rob Kardashian (with Cheryl Burke)
    Kristin Cavallari, "reality starlet"
    Ricki Lake, actress and talk show host, with Derek Hough
    Ron Artest, basketball player
    Elisabetta Canalis- actress, former girlfriend of George Clooney
    David Arquette
    Chaz Bono (with Lacey Schwimmer)
    Nancy Grace, legal commentator
    Chynna Phillips, singer

Maks' brother is joining the pros this year along with Maks
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

More info - partners

Ron Artest dancing with Peta Murgatroyd (she's a new pro)

David Arquette dancing with Kym Johnson

Chaz Bono dancing with Lacey Schwimmer

Elisabetta Canalis dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy (Max's brother)

Kristen Cavallari dancing with Mark Ballas

Nancy Grace dancing with Tristan McManus (another new pro)

Rob Kardashian dancing with Cheryl Burke

Carson Kressley dancing with Anna Trebunskaya

Ricki Lake dancing with Derek Hough

J.R. Martinez dancing with Karina Smirnoff

Chynna Phillips dancing with Tony Dovolani

Hope Solo dancing with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

J.R. Martinez plays Brot on all My Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    More info - partners

David Arquette dancing with Kym Johnson

Ricki Lake dancing with Derek Hough

Thanks for this info! I am only interested in these two partnerships. I will definitely not be watching this season live. DVR all the way! I'm super excited that Derek is back!

I am typically stoked about seeing Mark dance, but he seriously got on my nerves last season (and this season when he choreographed a routine on So You Think You Can Dance). I hope he takes a step back and down from the Mark Ballas show and starts choreographing to his partner's strengths (although his partner last season didn't really seem to have many weaknesses) and not making it all about HIS amazing, edgy, never-before-seen choreography skills. Sorry . . . didn't mean to make this a vent haha.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Makes me very glad I dont have a TV.

Last season any glitch in the broadcast of DWTS would lead to a flood of calls to the DTV Help Desk.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    There's been a lot of negative talk about Chaz Bono being in this year's line-up. Does anybody think that it will affect the show itself, and people just won't tune in like they used to because of him? - or that they will watch it only because he is on?? - the freak show mentality of some folks?? I've heard some of the stupidest and most bigoted comments that's it's ridiculous. I may not personally agree with the way he has chosen to live his life, but to hear people say they don't want their kids watching the show because he is on it, is just plain stupid. It took a lot of guts for Chaz to go on the show, and also to do the documentary that he did when he went public with his transformation. Do you think that maybe the producers of the show did it for the shock value, thinking that it would up the ratings, since the show really is running out of interesting personalities to compete?? - IMO of course.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yes they probably did it for the ratings but I don't get the parents arguments, the kids won't even know he is transgender most likely and its not like they will get through life not seeing anything different than what their parents believe, sounds like the parents are only teaching hate.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I heard clips on the news from parents saying they would now have to explain to their children the whole concept of "transgender" because Chaz Bono is on Dancing With The Stars. But I don't see why. Chaz is a couple of years younger than me, so today's children may not even make a connection that Lacey Schwimmer's partner and the little girl who used to appear with her parents on the Sonny and Cher show in the '70s are the same person. I hope people will watch it because of Chaz. Good on ya Chaz and Lacey.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    There's been a lot of negative talk about Chaz Bono being in this year's line-up. Does anybody think that it will affect the show itself, and people just won't tune in like they used to because of him? - or that they will watch it only because he is on?? - the freak show mentality of some folks?? I've heard some of the stupidest and most bigoted comments that's it's ridiculous. I may not personally agree with the way he has chosen to live his life, but to hear people say they don't want their kids watching the show because he is on it, is just plain stupid. It took a lot of guts for Chaz to go on the show, and also to do the documentary that he did when he went public with his transformation. Do you think that maybe the producers of the show did it for the shock value, thinking that it would up the ratings, since the show really is running out of interesting personalities to compete?? - IMO of course.
    I heard that on the radio too that people were upset he was going to be on but I didn't understand why. I don't really agree with his lifestyle either but that is what he chose for himself. As far as parents having to tell their kids what he has done to himself, I don't understand why they would have to tell him anything. I think people just like to complain sometimes.

I don't personally find Chaz Bono appealing, but not for any other reason than he just doesn't interest me. I don't care about his transformation from a woman to a man at all. His personality just doesn't do it for me.

I would be willing to be that the same parents griping about him being on the show let their kids play video games that are inappropriate or wear inappropriate clothes or watch too much tv in the first place. If you don't want to answer questions about his sexuality, don't let them watch the show. It's really as simple as that.

Just finished watching Chaz and Lacey ... not bad! The thing I can't get over is if I'm listening but not looking at the TV, Chaz sounds sooooo much like Sonny!

I haven't seen everyone, but so far I am really loving Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovalani. I hope she sticks around!

I have always liked her, and love her mother - Michelle Phillips of "The Mamas & Papas" who was also in "Knots Landing" for a long time.

I haven't ever really liked David Arquette before, but I thought he was so cute tonight. I liked him, too!
    Last edited by Scooter's Mom; 09-19-2011 at 10:10 PM.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

We liked Chynna - and J.R. Martinez - the injured veteran who has been on All My Children the past few years.

There weren't any that I hated, but I do hope the NBA star goes home tomorrow. He was my least favorite immediately. Not sure why, he just really rubbed me the wrong way. I have never liked Nancy Grace or Chaz Bono, but they both seemed like they were really enjoying themselves, and I found that I enjoyed them. I have to say that Carson was my favorite to watch. I'm a big David Arquette fan, he's a complete goofball, but I really think he's got a debonair, romantic air about him . . . sorta old school Hollywood. I seriously am so annoyed with Mark Ballas, he has been bugging me for a few seasons now. It's like it's the Mark show every time he's on stage. Derek Hough is the best choreographer on the show, in my opinion. He is so good with his students. His choreography is always good, edgy but not insulting, always playing to the star's strength. And, every person he's danced with seems genuinely comfortable with him from the first dance. And he rarely, if ever, loses his cool or when being judged or says anything ridiculous. I LOVE him. Overall, the show was better than I expected.

David, Chyna, and Carson were my favorites. Carson and David both looked like they were having a ball!!! Chyna was the all around best dancer. I liked Chaz and hope he does well. I didn't expect him to be that good. Forget the little kids, my grown son asked me if I had ever considered a sex change!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!