Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirrahsim and Boomer

Sirrahsim and Boomer

So many of you have been so kind to PM and ask about Missy - also responding to her threads - that I thought I would start this new one to update from time to time as it will be easy to find for those who are following her.

As of today - she will get up on her Sunday morning and travel by bus to the Tokyo airport to pick up Carol. Carol is Paul's mom and posts here as persianmom. She had already planned this trip in hopes of seeing Paul for a bit and then staying on to help Missy. Originally it was her vacation - but that was before any of us knew that Paul would get orders. So, she has missed seeing her son but I am so thankful that she decided to take the trip anyway!! But, by now you know that Paul had to leave much earlier and is now safely at his place of deployment. It took nearly a week, but Missy has received his e-mail to assure her he is fine.

Missy had been trying to find a new home for her cat Boomer. First, she was told by the airline there that he had to accompany her on her flight but she had no way to know for sure as each phone call gave her conflicting reports. She has also been scared about Boomer even making that long (28-30 hours total) travel in a small container to be transported from there to here. He is a skittish kitty who has always been an "only cat". But - thanks to many more phone calls - especially from our own Phred...it was determined that Boomer *could* inded be sent as cargo without being on the same flight as Missy. Nobody answered her newspaper ads or posters asking for a new permanent home for boomer in Japan. Also - Missy decided on her own that she did not want to part with this cat who is now very attached to Tyler. Then, about a dozen or more PT folks have chipped in to offset the cost of the shipping which is in excess of $700 Yes, that IS the cost though it sounds outrageous. But it will be worth it when all is said and done.

Boomer will be coming to live here with our family of five cats. We are wondering how he will react to meeting another cat!! We will keep him until Missy and family return to the states for their next assignment when Boomer can then join them again. Plus, Missy will be here with us for the duration that hubby is deployed. They were allowed and so opted to retain their housing in Japan.

Missy and Carol will fly back to the states in about three weeks. My hubby Dennis has not even met his new grandson and Tyler will also meet his cousin Misha! Missy and Tyler will have her folks (I am mom), Paul's mom, her oldest brother and our DIL who is Carol's daughter Chris (chrangharris) - so many family members here to support her and spoil Tyler She and Tyler will be staying here at our house.

That is it for now - I hope you will enjoy the updates as I am sure Missy will also be posting once Carol arrives in Japan. Thank you!!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-03-2005 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks for the wonderful update. I'm glad that Missy has heard from Paul and that she will be staying with you during his deployment. I wish him the best and am so glad that Boomer will have a wonderful home, even if it is only temporary.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

What a great idea for starting this thread, Debbie!! I will check it every day, as I am very concerned about Missie, Paul, Tyler, and Boomer!! I am so happy that Missy won't be alone while Paul is deployed: nothing better than having her family around now!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Debbie, thanks for posting updates!

I have been following everything, but I didn't know if Missy had heard from Paul yet or not-I am so glad she has

I am sure Boomer will fit in fine with the Sirrah kitties. I'm so glad that everything is working out!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Let me just tell you Debbie how much I admire you and your family. You're all the epitome of what a family should be. There is so much love among you and it's nothing but a pleasure to read everything that's posted by all of you. Your daughter is beautiful and obviously takes after her Mom. Tyler and Misha are also beautiful. I believe everyone at Pet Talk feels the love you have for each other and thanks for everything you do to make all your family feel special. Your family is fabulous!! We wish Missy,Tyler, and of course, handsome Boomer a safe and pleasant trip home. Paul, thank God for you. You're a brave soul and a wonderful man. God bless all of you

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah
    p.s. please PM me if more $ is needed for Boomer's trip

What a wonderful idea! Let's keep this thread at the top. I am so glad that Missy finally heard from Paul. I know she was very anxious. I am also glad that Boomer will remain a part of the family. He and Tyler seem to have bonded and it is great that they will be able to grow together. I am glad that Missy doesn't have to make that long trip by herself, but so sorry Carol didn't get to see Paul before he was deployed. I am sure that Dennis is waiting anxiously to meet his grandson and I know that Misha and Tyler will get along famously!

I will keep looking for new updates!! Thank you!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

WE ARE PRAYING,FOR BIG BOOMER,TO BE A BRAVE SOLDIER,LIKE HIS DAD,AND THAT HE WILL NOT PANIC,ON THE PLANE,AND THAT,THE BIG TABBY,WILL ARRIVE SAFE,AND SOUND,AND SOON,BE FRIENDS,WITH THE OTHER 5 CATS!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It is midnight Sunday there - where are you Carol and Missy?

What a great thread! One place to check for the Japan adventure!

They are fine. I just called and woke Missy up I told her go back to sleep quickly

I had spoken with Missy about 16 hours ago ...her Sunday morning and she was getting ready to go meet the bus. Tyler kept spitting up on his new outfits. That is not usual for him and she was a little worried. But he was not acting sick in any other way.

But.... she picked up Carol at Tokyo and they are home and sleeping now - well that IS what people do by 12:15am isn't it?? It was probably a very long day.

What a happy thread. Missy hearing from her beloved hubby, Boomer being able to stay with his family and Carol arriving safely in Japan.

I hope that Tyler just had a little upset tummy from the car ride and is doing okay.

Debbie, don't forget to get that camera ready for when Dennis finally gets to meet his grandson for the first time and I'm sure you will breath a sigh of relief once Missy, Tyler and Boomer are safe at home with you.

I also agree with Daisy and Delilah that you are the epitome of what a family should be.
    Bless you all.

((((((HUGS))))))
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 09-05-2005 at 11:13 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Paul was able to call He had to use a calling card, but we know that there is a way for him to call me here in Japan for free. He says that it's hot and dusty but that there was a cool breeze this morning. It's such a relief to hear his voice
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

oh yeah, Boomer LOVES Carol He flops over for tummy rubs and follows her around meowing for attention.
    He is a COMPLETELY different cat then when we adopted him 2 years ago. It makes me wonder if maybe it was his previous owners who were just not very nice to him
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Oh Missy, I'm soooo glad you got to speak with Paul...and that Carol is safely there with you.

Good luck to Boomer on his journey to the States!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yeah!!! I am so happy to read that Carol arrived safely!! From now on, Missy won't be all alone anymore until she returns to the USA .
    Oh, can we get some pics of Carol and Tyler, P L E A S E
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge