Thread: Two laptops!

Two laptops!

I used my laptop warranty to get a new laptop because they couldn't repair the old one. I was happy as can be with the new computer..... until today when the old one arrived on my doorstep - all fixed!!!

So now I have two laptops. Only problem is that while the computer itself is fixed, I think they notified Microsoft that the copy of Windows is no longer usable because it won't let me update it and keeps telling me every webpage isn't valid. Anybody know how I can fix that? Would I need to simply buy a new version of Windows?

I'd love to be able to use it as a backup computer - for games, storage, and such.

I have several legal Windows XP stickers. What I could do is PM you the product key and then mail you the sticker.

However, first try finding Windows Activation on your old laptop, and see if it will register it.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Can you access any other site other than Microsoft. Can you access your email and sites like Google? Not having a current copy of Windows should not prevent you from accessing Microsoft.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

I can only pull up my yahoo homepage. Nothing works outside of that, even PT!

It seems as if windows isn't recognizing the security certificates of anything because windows isn't current on my cvoputer. It won't me update anything either. I wish I knew a computer guru I could beg to look at it locally. I know a couple of my customers are computer techs but I don't know them well enough to aqsk such a favor.

Kim, I can remote in and have a look for you...not til later tomorrow or Sunday afternoon/evening.

Just need your email addy and you and I chatting on IM. (Phone is best, but gets expensive!)

Let me know what works for you. Happy to help, gratis.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Once you access your Yahoo page does it populate with current information and can you click on other links within the page. If not your internet link may not be
    working at all. You can usually map your home page from what is in cookies. If
    it doesn't give current info or the links out of you home page do not work then you need to check and make sure you have a valid internet connection is still working on that computer.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown