Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    I watched American Idol last night for the first time in my life. I guess I thought they would be better. Haven't seen the guys yet, but from what I hear, they are pretty bad. I hope everyone gets better from week to week.

I watched because Lilly Scott is the daughter of my co-worker Greg. He said she was a wild child and would disappear for days until they could track her down. He said he's praying she makes the top 10 'cuz she needs a job.

So, I guess I'll be voting for Lilly (or Feathers as some of us call her because of her earrings).
    I like Lilly alot. She will most likely have a great job after the show, no matter what the outcome is.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I watch the show after it's over so I can forward through commercials and things I don't want to see. Ironically, I flipped through the performances of all four of the people that went home last night. So I felt America got it right.

Out of the girls, my favorites so far are: Lilly Scott, Crystal Bowersox and Siobahn Magnus.

Out of the guys: Casey James, Andrew Garcia and Lee Dewyze.

Overall they are not doing so well this season. They were so good during auditions, but are failing now. With the exception of most of the names I just listed above.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I was sad to see Lilly Scott go, as she's got such a unique voice. Hopefully something good will come of her time on American Idol. I was really surprised she left before Katie Stephens, who seems like a really nice girl but is having trouble figuring things out, and Paige Miles, who did such a bad job on "Smile" this week, and seems to have just given up.
    I've Been Frosted

In some ways, I am not surprised Lily went home. A very important week and she did not pick a song to highlight herself. I don't think she should have went home before some of the others, but she definitely did not have a stand-out performance to make people want to pick up the phone and vote for her....at least not in my opinion.

I didn't watch the guys' performance this past week so I can't say much about them.

After watching the women on week 3 of the countdown to the final 12, I thought Katie, Katelynn and Paige were in danger of going home. Katelynn did a horrible impression of Carole King. I don't even think she was really playing the keyboard, at least it didn't look like it to me. And Paige has not impressed me since day one. I never thought Lilly would go home before Paige, that is for sure! If it had been my choice, I would've sent Katelynn nad Paige home.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Also, I had to mention this - for the first few songs on the guys' performance night, it was all things that are on my iPod! It was weird! And I just hafta say, I like the original version of Fireflies better than Lee Dewyze's version, it's such a whimsical song that it doesn't really fit a "rock" edge!
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry to see Lilly go but she didn't do her best. She has a really unique voice so I hope she gets hired and has a great career.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yeah, Lilly just didn't have the voice I don't think, that some of the others did, and if she did she picked the wrong song. I was very happy to see Katie stay, I think she has a great voice

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I think Lily has a good voice, she just didn't put it to good use with the right song. I really don't think she should have gone home before Paige and don't think she would have if it were the judges that made the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    I think Lily has a good voice, she just didn't put it to good use with the right song. I really don't think she should have gone home before Paige and don't think she would have if it were the judges that made the choice.
    Yeah, I definately agree about Paige, I didnt like her last performance at all, and Lilly should have been there oer Paige IMO.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Okay, was last night's Reggae version of Under My Thumb by Tim Urban bizarre, or what? It's like he had no idea what the words actually meant, and was just singing them by rote. And it seemed weird for the 16-year-old Aaron to sing Angie, like he'd ever had the life experience to pull that off ... he sang it fine, if there was no picture, just sound ...

Who did you like or not last night?
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, was last night's Reggae version of Under My Thumb by Tim Urban bizarre, or what? It's like he had no idea what the words actually meant, and was just singing them by rote. And it seemed weird for the 16-year-old Aaron to sing Angie, like he'd ever had the life experience to pull that off ... he sang it fine, if there was no picture, just sound ...

Who did you like or not last night?
    I don't know what it was, but Rolling Stones night was a weird night for just about all the contestants. Some artists songs just can't be pulled off by others, especially novices such as idol contestants, IMO.

I agree with you on your comments about Tim and Aaron.

Although over-all I like Michael Lynch, his version of "Miss You" was just as bizarre as Tim's version of "Under My Thumb".

I'm really surprised that Andrew Garcia was not in the bottom three, because he who is who I would've sent home, I think, even before Tim.

I don't want to spoil things by saying who did go home because many may not have seen it yet.

Aaron did do quite well with Angie, and I had not been impressed with his previous performances.
    Although I wasn't super impressed by anyone, I'm a total Crystal Bowersox fan.
    I thought Casey, Lacey, Katie, Siobhan, and Lee, besides Aaron & Crystal, did okay...well enough to stay out of the bottom 3.
    I didn't realize Paige had a country-fied sound to her until hearing her do Honky Tonk Women. Despite having laryngitis, she did okay. I liked the country vein that came out in her performance although previously I had not enjoyed her at all.

I was torn tonight over which one would go home. I thought they all might go. No surprise.

I was blown away by Aaron's version of Angie. It was awesome.

I don't think the contestants picked the best Stones songs. Maybe not too many of my favorites, I guess.
    I agree that the Stones are a little strange for that group.

Crystal Bowersox is really good. I love listening to her. She was right when she said there are some competitors in the group. It isn't real easy to pick who might win, in my opinion. Not yet. If I had to guess, I would guess Aaron.

I like, Katie, because of her story about her grandmother. Of course I think she's good but the story brings me to tears.

I think Casey is adorable. He is beyond cute. I also think Paige is an incredibly beautiful girl. She did a great job with laryngitis.

I loved Tim's version of Hallelujah last week but this week he was weird.

I can't figure out who DeDe is. I think that's her name. How could I have missed her every time she was on? Last night, I missed her too but I saw her tonight. Where have I been when she is on the screen?

Siobahn is good too. She reminds me of a girl that was on last season or the one before. The girl with many tattoos. Her husband was covered with tats. Can't remember her name but she was good.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I was torn tonight over which one would go home. I thought they all might go. No surprise.

Assuming most folks have had a chance to see or hear the results, I would've sent Tim home of the 3 that were on the bottom.

I was blown away by Aaron's version of Angie. It was awesome.
    It was very good.

I don't think the contestants picked the best Stones songs. Maybe not too many of my favorites, I guess.
    I agree that the Stones are a little strange for that group.

Crystal Bowersox is really good. I love listening to her. She was right when she said there are some competitors in the group.
    I don't think Crystal will win this, she doesn't fit the AI mold. But I think she will be much like Chris Daughtry and Clay Aiken...doesn't need to win to become successful through this experience. I absolutely love her and would probably buy her CD's.

I loved Tim's version of Hallelujah last week but this week he was weird.
    I did not see the men perform last week.

I can't figure out who DeDe is. I think that's her name.
    DeDe(or DiDi?) Benami...I don't think she'll be aboard for too many more weeks. She isn't awful but she also is nothing special.

Siobahn is good too. She reminds me of a girl that was on last season or the one before.
    Are you thinking of Carly (?)....I have a horrible time remembering who is on from season to season unless I really "get into them" or they stand out in some way.
    Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season pans out!

Yes, it is Carly you are thinking of. I loved her too. As I love Crystal.

I'm going to assume anyone that hasn't watched the show will not look at this thread. I liked Lacey, but I HATED what she wore Tuesday night. It was awful!! And I do think there were some performances that were worse than hers this week. I would not have missed seeing Tim go home this week. He doesn't impress me.
    My boyfriend was in the room with me when Aaron sang Angie. My boyfriend is a big music nut and knows the Stones. He didn't think Aaron did such a great job as the judges were praising him for.

Crystal is #1 for me right now. Over all.

I can't believe how bad this season is though. During auditions everyone was soooo great. And now they just aren't that good.......yet. I'm still holding out hope that we will see the people that were wonderful in auditions.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It is Carly!! I love her! She was a guest on the show awhile back and she was fantastic. I wold love to see her come out with a CD I could buy. Does she have one?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!