Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: American Idol

So was anyone else surprised or disappointed that Mike went last night? I figured it would be either him or Casey, though I still don't quite understand Lee's appeal, I figure from the volume of squeals whenever his name is announced that he's got quite a fan base!
    I've Been Frosted

I actually do like Lee, and am still hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale, but I really thought based on talent alone that Casey should have gone home before Big Mike. However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.
    BINGO!

I have liked Crystal from the start, never really warmed up to "big Mike", but I understood his appeal. He'll do fine, I'm sure he's signed somewhere already! It didn't surprise me; if he didn't get enough votes before, it was sure to happen again.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So was anyone else surprised or disappointed that Mike went last night? I figured it would be either him or Casey, though I still don't quite understand Lee's appeal, I figure from the volume of squeals whenever his name is announced that he's got quite a fan base!
    Going by how many times he was bottom 2 or bottom 3, not real surprised. He's a decent singer but he isn't "wow".
    I think Lee would be really something if he opened up more. I think what Jamie Fox said to him helped him a little, but Lee always seems kinda scared out of his wits on stage.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    I actually do like Lee, and am still hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale, but I really thought based on talent alone that Casey should have gone home before Big Mike. However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.
    I'm right there with you on all your comments. I know if I were a teen sitting home watching and voting, I'd be all ga-ga over Casey because of his looks. So I'm sure there are plenty young girls who fit that category and are doing so.

I am 59 years old and I think I'm in love with Casey. He is so adorable. That hair makes me want to fly to where he is and.......ok, enough of that nonsense. He really is a cutie patootie though and he does have a great voice.

I was expecting Mike to go. Lee has that rocker edge that really has the fan base every season. I could hardly stand to look at Mike's wife bawling so much. Is she worried he won't get a contract or worried just because she should have been?? He will do great.

I expected Casey would survive on my votes alone--ooops.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict Casey to win and Crystal the runnerup.
    Don't worry, I'm always wrong.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I am 59 years old and I think I'm in love with Casey. He is so adorable. That hair makes me want to fly to where he is and.......ok, enough of that nonsense. He really is a cutie patootie though and he does have a great voice.

I expected Casey would survive on my votes alone--ooops.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict Casey to win and Crystal the runnerup.
    Don't worry, I'm always wrong.
    I'm approaching 53 and I think Casey is pretty darn cute, too! But I haven't been voting for him. Crystal will get my votes because she's the only one who I think is unique and could really be an artist as well as a star.

I wasn't surprised that Big Mike was the one to leave last night. It's been a while since I've liked one of his performances.

I can see the appeal of Casey's looks, though he isn't my taste. I'm not a fan of long hair on a guy at all, it's a total turn off for me. I have liked a lot of his performances, however I wasn't a fan of this week's. I love the song Mrs. Robinson, but didn't care for his performance.

I hope Crystal wins, with Lee as first runner-up, and Casey as second runner-up.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I'm also rooting for Crystal, she seems to always be herself, and not swayed overmuch by all the machinations and themes the show puts them through. And we know she writes songs as well, though we don't get to hear them on the show!
    I've Been Frosted

I am also hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale. I honestly don't mind either one of them winning.

I am GLAD Mike went home. He became so arrogant since he was saved, it made me sick! Although his daughter is friggin' adorable!

I like Casey, but I LOVE Lee and Crystal.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I forgot to say that I am rooting for Crystal 100 times more than anyone else.
    I know it was the looks that made me vote for Casey. I was magnetized by his cuteness to vote and vote and vote. I always figure Crystal is getting enough votes anyway?? Kinda silly.
    I don't use good logic. But, I am definitely pulling for Crystal all the way. She is absolutely awesome.

I'm not a fan of long hair on men either. I never thought about that until you mentioned it, Kari. It reminds me of the old days and I really don't want to go back there. However, Casey just has a face that makes me melt at my age. I have often pictured him with short hair and I like what I see.

I also love Lee's voice. It's gonna be a good one to see who wins.

Cindy, Mike's arrogance was definitely ridiculous. He seems to think he is perfect.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I am also hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale. I honestly don't mind either one of them winning.
    I like Casey, but I LOVE Lee and Crystal.
    I totally agree but I would like to see Crystal win.

I'm still in awe over Lee's performance of Hallelujah(sp?). It's a song that tears me up every time and he did a fantastic job.
    Was anyone as moved by this as I was?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I'm still in awe over Lee's performance of Hallelujah(sp?). It's a song that tears me up every time and he did a fantastic job.
    Was anyone as moved by this as I was?
    Lee has improved by leaps and bounds. He was amazing tonight.
    I voted for Crystal because I'm afraid Casey is going to slide into the finals because of all the girls who think he should win just because he's a very handsome fellow. Crystal and Lee outdid Casey by a huge margin tonight! He really doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

It's going to be really tough for me to pick a winner between Crystal and Lee. I've loved Crystal from the beginning but also liked Lee and I am thrilled by how he has improved. Ellen was right in saying he was like a gentle little lamb when he started but is now like a strong and confident impala or something! He's found a new confidence that is wonderful to see.

I've been a big Crystal fan but tonight was Lee's night and I thought he performed better. Hopefully it'll be Crystal and Lee in the finals.