Thread: Tactical Nuclear Penguin?

Tactical Nuclear Penguin?

Brewer fights back with 41 per cent beer

A Scottish brewery is reclaiming the title of the world's strongest beer from German rivals - with a 41% brew named Sink the Bismarck.

BrewDog, of Fraserburgh, made headlines last year when it unveiled a 32% beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

However, just two weeks ago, Schorschbrau beat the record with the release of the 40% strength Schorschbock.

BrewDog said its newly released 41% Sink the Bismarck would cost £40 for a 330ml bottle and would only be sold online.

The beer is said to be a "quadruple IPA" that contains four times the hops, four times the bitterness and is frozen four times to create a staggering 41% ABV, stronger than whisky or vodka.

Alcohol Focus Scotland has previously expressed concerns about BrewDog's approach.

But BrewDog's managing director James Watt said the company was doing all it could to promote a new and responsible approach to beer drinking.

He added: "Beer has a terrible reputation in Britain, it's ignorant to assume that a beer can't be enjoyed responsibly like a nice dram or a glass of fine wine. A beer like Sink the Bismarck should be enjoyed in spirit sized measures.

"It is important that you be careful with this beer and show it the same amount of sceptical, tentative respect you would show an international chess superstar, clown or gypsy."

BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for an 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State, before launching Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

--------------------------------

Tentative respect shown a chess superstar, clown or gypsy?

I'd knee two of them, then play checkers with the third. I don't handle my liquor well....

41%.......ya gotta be kidding.
    Best drink that stuff out of an eye dropper.
    I wonder what sort of hangover would be involved after a bottle of that !!!

It's a good thing I don't drink anymore. I'd be smashed by now. Holy *hit!!! 41%!! Damn, those Scots sure know how to slam them back.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh yeah, those Scots can put the booze away no problem.
    I remember once, walking to the local pub for drink, and this drunk Scotsman came hurtling out of the door, and he had a dress on !!! God only knows what he'd been up to. I thought to myself.....thank God he's not wearing a mini-skirt !!!!