Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I?????

Oh Slick I am so happy for you, you know Max would understand, and she is simply gorgeous, you really needed to ask us? you knew what all the replies would say lol, good luck hope you get your sweet furbaby,gosh in the face she reminds me a little of Ash.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It's nice to hear it's a YES on your end, now let's hope it's a YES on theirs!
    Good Luck Slick!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Fingers (and everything else) crossed for you Slick.

I just heard from VOKRA. They said "no problem". She has emailed me the contact info for the Foster Mom so hopefully I can go over and visit her a few times in the coming weeks. Poor girl has been there for awhile.

Her history is that she and another kitty (whom she didn't get along with well) lived with an older lady who went into a long term care facility. The other kitty was outgoing and got adopted right away but poor Puddy hid all the time and this shy girl was not happy. Apparently she has come out of her shell since going into foster care. Hopefully I can bring out the sunshine inside that I know she has. I'll keep you updated.

I really think my RB Speckles has had something to do with this. Max, not so much.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I just heard from VOKRA. They said "no problem". She has emailed me the contact info for the Foster Mom so hopefully I can go over and visit her a few times in the coming weeks. Poor girl has been there for awhile.

Her history is that she and another kitty (whom she didn't get along with well) lived with an older lady who went into a long term care facility. The other kitty was outgoing and got adopted right away but poor Puddy hid all the time and this shy girl was not happy. Apparently she has come out of her shell since going into foster care. Hopefully I can bring out the sunshine inside that I know she has. I'll keep you updated.

I really think my RB Speckles has had something to do with this. Max, not so much.
    Awesome!

Congrats on your new baby!

That is such great news! I am so happy for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    http://orphankittenrescue.com/cats/puddy_1/

She's exactly what I'm looking for. She looks so much like my RB Speckles. I've got my application in. **holding my breath** She's 12 years old.

Quote from the Foster Mom (in case you can't see the website)

Calm, quiet, sweetie-girl. Puddy is very zen, she likes to watch all the goings-on from the comfort of her chair, and when she's made up her mind about things, she might choose to come and murmur a few words of wisdom to her humans. She likes quiet, but is sure to venture out to see the company and garner new pats, which we are always so ready to give, her fur is sooo soft.
    She is a restful character, putting up with all our coos and kisses, especially if we scratch her cheeks, and rewards our attention with constant purring. She doesn't fuss about being picked up - and seems to like being held for a while by the window (Puddy is not an obvious complainer, she'll just wait for you to finish with your attentions...). I am pretty sure she would sit on my lap if I would sit on the couch and relax more. Someone who watches TV might be her perfect match! She comes to visit in the bedroom at night and in the morning but prefers to sleep in her chair; it's a lovely thing to hear her serenade me at night with 15 minutes of purring.
    She is easy care and doesn't need a lot of attention. She eats dry food so she'd be good with someone who can't be home a lot. She has playful moments but is not so curious as to go jumping around on counters or investigating food or plants. She has taken a liking to dangly rope and will play with me for a bit - I'm hoping to find just the right toy for her soon.
    Puddy is perfect for a quiet home and someone who likes to have a purring machine nearby.

Mary (Medusa): What do you think of her name????
    OMG, I'm just now seeing this! It gave me chills, Vicki! She's 12 years old w/Pidgie's personality, which makes her a very sweet and lovable cat and she's got Puddy's name. Come on! To give an older cat a home is just wonderful. I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but I'm hoping that you're approved for adopting her. I'm sure Max would approve, too, and Puddy and Pidgie gave it a "paws up".

Ok, I just read a little bit more. You say Max probably wouldn't approve. Well, maybe not but he would approve of his beloved Mom being happy. Of that I'm certain. And you have an RB cat named Speckles and I have a cat named Specs and your Puddy had problems w/another cat and not getting along and my RB Pidgie had problems w/Peeka. Ok, I'm rambling but this is just too juicy!

Btw, I just love her face. She definitely reminds me of my Pidgie Pie. They both have that calm, wise, serene look about them. I'm so happy that this is working out for both of you, Vicki. So happy!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

This is so awesome to hear Slick

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

GREAT NEWS!! Congratulations to you both!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am doing a happy dance here!! She reminds me of my Taz too, she just has a little more white on her chin.
    I am so excited for you, Slick!!! As I read along I was getting anxious. Then I got to the post about you fur sure getting her and I have tears in my eyes!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Pryaers are coming from the Found Cat Hotel that Puddy Tat will be Your Friend.
    I bet Max and Spreckles are there now, relaying the Good News!!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 02-20-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Maybe we could have a Virtual Kitty Shower in Thursdays! Looking forward to pics!

BTW slick, just wondering how those older cats made out that belonged to that wonderful volunteer lady who passed away? I hope they got furrever homes.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Her picture brought on some tears because she looks like my Kiri. It's wonderful that you're adopting an older kitty, and Puddy sounds like she'll reward you with lots of purrs and lap snuggles.

Ah dear friend - you got yourself a Puddy Tat!!! Oh, she has no idea that her senior years will be spent in the life of luxury and all of the love that she can handle.

Congrats Slick!!! She's purrfect for you and I know that you'll both be very happy together.