Thread: Why I've been AWOL

Threaded View

Why I've been AWOL

Hi PT Friends;

I'm sorry that I haven't been around lately and I would like to give you a little update as to why.

Most of you know that last June I had to have my beloved Willy PTS due to cancer which just devastated me.

Then the beginning of July I took in an adorable Himalayan that unfortunately was left behind with another cat in an apartment when their owner, I had later heard, had died. These two cats were left without food or water, so when this female was brought to me, she was very emaciated. (Someone else had taken the male.) Brought her to the vets and found out she was about 7 years old and about a month pregnant. Because of her weakened condition, it was too risky to put her under to abort the babies and have her spayed. We decided we were going to keep her and find homes for her babies. But unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. She started to be ill near the end of July and I had her tested for Feline Aids/Leukemia. She tested positive for Leukemia. We had to have her PTS a week before she was due to give birth.

Then the beginning of October, I was given a sweet adorable little girl kitty by my neighbour because their dog wanted to eat it. I fell head over heels for this kitten. The person told me that she was 3 months old, but the vet confirmed she was only 6 weeks. She was the most loveable, adorable, precious little girl and was going to be a part of our family. After having her for only 5 days, she started to have seizures late at night. She had 3 of them which lasted for less then a minute, but were about 20 minutes apart. Then they stopped. It was so devastating to me to see this sweet thing go through this. Then early in the morning she started again and this time they were more severe. She had 3 in a row again, but this time they lasted for close to a minute and were about 10 minutes apart. Since I couldn't take off work, my hubby brought her to our vet first thing in the morning. Unfortunately on the way there, she took another one. Upon examining her, the vet said that it wasn't good. She was so lethargic and her heart rate was very low. He said the next seizure could kill her. My hubby called me to tell me this and we made the decision to have her PTS. We could not let this precious Angel suffer another minute.
    This took a very heavy toll on me.

Then we had to have our beloved dog, Buddy, PTS 1 1/2 weeks ago on Feb. 4. He was 17 years old and his health was starting to decline. His bad days were starting to outway his good days. What really clenched our decision was, on that day he started to pee blood. He was my best friend, my little shadow and the best little Lhasa Apso that anyone could ever own. I will make a proper memorial for him when I feel up to it.

So needless to say, I have been pretty down in the dumps, but starting to feel a bit better.

Sorry for the long thread. I just wanted to let you know why I haven't been on lately.

Take care
    Lorraine
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 02-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010