Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, so where is it?

ok, so where is it?

Cameron had a rough day. Temper tantrum after temper tantrum. At one point, we told him that if he didn't stop throwing things we would turn the TV off. His response was to grab the remote and hide it so we couldn't turn it off (oh yeah, he was THAT bad today ---- he bit me twice, and drew blood both times. He even attempted to dump a whole litterbox on the floor, thank goodness I saw that one in process!)

I know its IN THE ROOM -- but where? We moved the bed... even lifted the box spring and cleaned under it. We moved the dressers (and found the land of the lost cat toys) We checked all the drawers, cabinets, inside the pillowcases. I did the laundry (it needed to be done anyway )

He had it and hid it in 5 seconds flat. So its there somewhere.... but where?

Can you all put out you psychic tendencies and tell me where the TV remote is?

In the toy box?

In a cat bed?

Does he now know you can hit the off switch without a remote? Best unplug the TV if he's out of the room, so he doesn't figure out the off button also turns it on!
    I've Been Frosted

Behind the tv? (Sometimes when I am looking for something all over I notice it in an obvious place much later).

Underneath a rug?

Get on your knees and be at his level... then look around!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

in the trash?

being at his level and "seeing" where he could be able to reach from there can help

a pic of the room might come in handy to give you some hints.. so we know what furniture, hidden enclosures, in between stuff places we can suggest..

if he hid it in 5 secs.. it probably was somewhere in the low part.. under something, near something (like leg of bed,dresser etc).. if he had to do it fast.. low hiding would be easier.. because as I see "high" hiding could be easy for you to find

have you checked bathroom?.. tub?.. back of toilet?
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

oh.. kitty food?
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

in the litter box that he tried to dump over?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    in the litter box that he tried to dump over?
    That was my first thought too!

In between his mattress and box springs or down in his sheets......
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

It's in his room.
    I want to say that kids will hide stuff in their room because they have more
    'control' over what they have..

No pun intended.

In his pocket?

Have you found it?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Check the fridge. That is Cadi's favorite place to hide things.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

If he has any kind of bag or box he likes to put things in, look there. That's our daughter's favorite hiding spot. We also find things in the toy kitchen pretty regularly.

Laughing because you've all suggested the places we looked first --- the litterbox has been scooped twice since the remote went missing. I was in the snow checking the trash (blech!)

I checked his toy boxes, his clothes dresser, and bookcase.
    I checked the entire office (including the litterbox in there)
    I even checked the bathroom cabinets, drawers, trash.

The remote is gone! Hey, thanks to the missing remote, the bedroom is cleaner than it has been in a long time!

I feel so bad for the little guy. He always has a hard time on mondays. He's always over tired and flat-out refuses to take a nap. So he's GRUMPY. He gets frustrated easily and lashes out at anything within reach. So whatever is close at hand gets tossed, ripped, kicked, etc.