Thread: Songs for Couples

Songs for Couples

I am just wondering how many couples on here have songs that they view as their song? Would love to know what it is. My fiance picked out our song. He chose God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. It definately is the perfect song for us. He is learning to play it on his guitar and when he sings it I get warm chills.

My former husband and I had "I Wanna Know What Love Is" (80's tune). Of course, the second line of the chorus is "I want you to show me."

Totally wrong viewpoint - but hey, it was music!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You know, it's funny, because Bruce is so into music, but we don't even have "our song". When we first started dating he started to write a song for me. But he's never finished it. Oh well. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

An oldie, but a perfect one for us:

"Happy Together" by the Turtles!
    I've Been Frosted

"Time To Say Goodbye" Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

"Time To Say Goodbye" Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY
    I saw Sarah sing this solo, with her orchestra, at a figure skating event a couple years ago. Her music isn't exactly the genre I get excited about but this is one beautiful song and her voice is magnificent.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

My husband and I don't really have a true "our song", but so many songs from the 70's take me back to our days of being young and super-in-love!
    I guess the closest thing to "our song" would be Starland Vocal Bands "Afternoon Delight".
    Other songs that really take me back would be Tonight's the Night(Rod Stewart), Follow You, Follow Me(Genesis), You Have Your Own Special Ways(Genesis) Baby I Love Your Way(Peter Frampton)...anything by Genesis, Rod Stewart, Supertramp or Peter Frampton, really.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

I'm not married (and currently single on Valentine's Day! lol) but my last bf and I had a song--it was 'You belong with me' By Taylor Swift.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

We don't really have a "song"... we're not married but we've been dating for three years... but a couple songs do remind us of each other:

"Love Your Love the Most" - Eric Church
    "Guys Like Me" - Eric Church
    (the first two REALLY reminds me of Mike.... to a "T")
    "Little Moments (like That)" - Brad Paisley
    "When You Got a Good Thing" - Lady Antebellum

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    I saw Sarah sing this solo, with her orchestra, at a figure skating event a couple years ago. Her music isn't exactly the genre I get excited about but this is one beautiful song and her voice is magnificent.
    Oh, I would have loved to have seen that. I reckon she would be fanatastic on stage.