Thread: SiManx??

SiManx??

Hi everyone, I'm new here.
    I have 3 cats. Trinity is a Manx/DSH mix and has a shorter than average tail, Kyha the shelter kitty is a mutt and MooShu...
    I don't know what MooShu is and I'm hoping for some opinions from the forum.
    I adopted MooShu 2 years ago from a Craigslist ad. I am at least his 3rd (and last!) home. The woman I adopted him from was rehoming him due to allergies. She says he was a stray, fostered at a vet clinic where they nursed him to health and she adopted him. I am not sure how much of her story I believe honestly, a few things don't jive.
    She says the vet they adopted Moosh from said he lost his tail to frostbite. The problem I have with that is, if his tail was damaged by frostbite, certainly his ears would have been damaged too and they are not!
    Plus, the end of his stub is kinked which is a Siamese trait.
    Honestly, he looks like a tailess purebred Siamese.
    He acts like a Siamese too. He is super mouthy & very smart (comes to his name being called).
    He is a dark seal point with 2 white toes on a front paw, crystal blue eyes and a 1.5 inch kinked tail.
    My question is, how would I KNOW if he is for sure a SiManx?
    What do you all think?
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...biddenlove.jpg
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...x/DCP_0443.jpg
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...x/DCP_0440.jpg

I don't know what breed(s) he is, but he sure is a handsome fella!

He looks a lot like my Ming. Ming is supposed to be a Siamese, but I think he is a Siamese cross. He has two white toes on one foot and one white foot in the back. I'd day your boy is mostly Siamese. Lucky you!!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I could see the frostbite thing being true, if he was hiding in something that left his backside exposed. His tail does rather look like a natural bob length though.

He looked 100% Burmese to me. My mom had one a long time ago when I was a kid, he looked exactly like your kitty

Just type Burmese in google and see.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

My guess would be a Siamese/Manx mix. Next time you take him to the vet, ask him. I'd be interested to know.

Gorgeous furbabies!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

hi

Hi,

I'm not sure what MooShoo was

Thanks,
    Smarties
    I love you and i miss you RB Goldberg. you may be gone from the world, but you'll never be gone from my heart. i wish you could come back, but you are better now. Rest in heavenly peace. i forever miss and love you. i hope "one fine day" we can reunite and be best friends again.
    I forever hold you in my arms,
    I have your name engraved in my heart,
    I know that you may be gone,
    But i loved you right from the start.