Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Breed Would Be Best for Me?

That's a great little test, Robinh! I just took it and got siberian husky for first choice! Yay! http://www.ivillage.com/pets/tools/b...929,82,00.html

Hey, mixed breeds and purebreds are equally special to me...

I've met a couple of Boston terriers. They were pretty much as angelpuppy describe...a bit snotty. Of course that's just the ones that I have met, I don't know much about the breed!

Thanks for the link robinh! It was pretty accurate for me too.

When I chose small dog, I got Dandie Dinmont Terrier first...
    Hummmmm can't see myself with a dog that looks like it's got
    a bouffant hairdo... and Cairn Terrier second, which I have 2 of.

Then when I chose large dog, I got Gorden Setter first, which
    is unusual because I normally get Golden Retriever, when I
    fill out these breed selectors... and Collie second, which I have
    1 of.

so zman it might be beneficial for you to fill it out and see
    what get.

Par...

Hey

I think a Lab would be good for you, except that Labs love their people so you might have a problem with the being alone part.
    I love Labs! (:
    Don't confuse fame with sucess; Madonna is one, Helen Keller is the other.

I think u should get a Shetland Sheppdog they are great companions and dont mind being left alone for a long period of time.
    KARI

Go to the pound and look at all the dogs, not necessarily the pups, look at the older dogs too, mine was probably 4 or so, and one of them will pick you out.

Hmmmm... I love Bostons! I am not sure if a boston would do well being home alone for a long time. A Pug would do fine... if you were talking about my pug. Have you ever thought about getting 2 dogs so one dog has a playmate?
    Or the other way around.

If you want a medium sized dog, I am not sure. I was thinking about Beagles, boxers, Austrailian Shepherds... But all of those breeds need a lot a attention and care. All dogs do of course, but these breeds can be known to need a lot of exercise.

If I was in your case, I would definatly get a MIXED BREED. They are just wonderful dogs!
    I found a dog at my local Humane Sociaty, and she is so adorable. I fell in love with her when I first saw her. Her name is Clara Belle, but I call her Belle for short when I go to see her. She is a mixed breed, but again she loves to run and she would need a lot of exercise. She got at the Humane Society because she chased cattle. Oh I wish I could get her. I will post a pic if you want... she dosen't have a very good pic online so you can see the size of her... O.k. i need to just shuddup now. I always just get up in a roar about talking about her...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

My sister has a boston terrier and she is an ANGEL. You coudln't ask for a nicer dog (and Im a 100% hound lover and I love this dog)

She is great with other dogs loves cats and can't get enough of children she is the sweetest little dog. Loves all people even total strangers, is as smart as a wip. Just a perfect dog.

But please if your gonna get a BT please adopt one from a boston rescue.

But take the test robinh found I have taken it and got beagle and basset hound on my list and thats what I own so its a good test.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Ok, I got an Irish Deer Hound...hmmm..I don't have one of those! lol

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

a boxer would be a good choice, they aren't to big, or to small and they are great obeyers

I got an English Setter on that test and that's what I'm going to get after I move into my own place

a boxer would be a good choice, they aren't to big, or to small and they are great obeyers
    My best friends aunt breeds boxers and she tells me all the time how their energy levels are just like sky high. Would make them good like flyball dogs or agility dogs Wouldn't always come in tops but they'd probably place. But they are adorable.

A mutt! My puppy is a mutt. He is adorable. I love my Chewy
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I ended up getting a 5 month old Sheltie from a breeder in my town. Ive had him for 3 days. He was really timid at first but he has really relaxed quickly. Thanks for all the responses and advice. Im sure I will have tons of questions being a new dog owner.