Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy happy happy!!!!

Happy happy happy!!!!

My kitchen is finally done!!!! WOOHOO!!

Oh boy, this has been a PROJECT. We started months and months ago. Doing it ourselves, on our budget, while watching Cameron every day..... lets just say things crawled along. but its done (with a few minor things left to do, like add crown molding and add the trim under the cabinets, etc).

It looked like this around Christmas:

It looks like this now

(Ignore the ugly stove -- we have to figure out how to fix the door... or replace it)

This egg picture is hubby's. He LOVES it. I just went along with it and I like it now that its framed.... I got the ceiling light I drooled over for months.

Callie has her own little nook for her food and treats. I bought that rooster chalk board over the summer last year (this is how long this project's been running) and I now figure out that you can't use chalk on it.... some chalk board!

I couldn't be happier. Next post shows the kitchen before the redo. You'll see how much roomier the whole room seems. I feel like we've added on to the kitchen!

Before --- in a gallaxy far far away

I wish I had more before photos, but this is all I oculd find. This was from eons ago. Its since been painted brown, white, then blue. and now its all GONE Yahoo!

It looks GREAT! Congratulations!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Beautiful! Love the color scheme, the light is gorgeous and the chalkboard is a very nice touch. I'm jealous...I want my kitchen redone.

That does look wonderful! Although, I was missing the window decoration I saw posted in Cat General. The window by the sink.
    I wish we could redo our kitchen and bathrooms. Hey, wanna take a trip to California!?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It looks great! I really love the color of your cabinets.

Congratulations!!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

It looks so much more open and bright! Love the cabinet colours! Are you having a special dinner to celebrate the grand opening?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You should be able to treat the "chalkboard" with a dull matte paint, a couple of coats, and then be able to use chalk on it. Looks great!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You should be able to treat the "chalkboard" with a dull matte paint, a couple of coats, and then be able to use chalk on it. Looks great!
    I was about to say the same thing. Beautiful kitchen!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Beautiful, I love it.
    The kitchen is one of the most important features in my opinion in a house.
    Great Job.

----<---<--<{(@

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Me three! But, I think they actually make chalkboard paint that you can paint almost any surface and turn it into a chalkboard. Might check that out. http://www.createforless.com/Plaid+F...utm_medium=cse It comes in several colors. You can evidently even get magnetic paint if you want to stick things to it.

I love your kitchen! It looks and feels so light and homey. Thank you for not buying into the stainless steel appliance craze! As far as I'm concerned (not that my opinion really matters ) I think the stainless steel stuff makes kitchens look cold and hospital-like. I keep imagining that there are dead bodies in the fridge -- guess I've seen too many morgue/autopsy shows.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

It looks beautiful. I also love your new kitchen cabinets. I'd love to redo my entire kitchen but I don't have the money and I certainly couldn't do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    ! But, I think they actually make chalkboard paint that you can paint almost any surface and turn it into a chalkboard.
    Just got some this past week and will be using it in the "music room" that we are renovating. I'm just going to paint a board and use that as my chalkboard. I'll let you know how it works.

The kitchen really looks great! Congratulations!!!!!

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Wow Just Amazing!

GREAT JOB !

I love it It looks amazing! You guys did a fantastic job.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets