Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy happy happy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Me three! But, I think they actually make chalkboard paint that you can paint almost any surface and turn it into a chalkboard. Might check that out. http://www.createforless.com/Plaid+F...utm_medium=cse It comes in several colors. You can evidently even get magnetic paint if you want to stick things to it.

I love your kitchen! It looks and feels so light and homey. Thank you for not buying into the stainless steel appliance craze! As far as I'm concerned (not that my opinion really matters ) I think the stainless steel stuff makes kitchens look cold and hospital-like. I keep imagining that there are dead bodies in the fridge -- guess I've seen too many morgue/autopsy shows.
    I couldn't agree more about stainless steel! I absolutely hate it for the same reasons. I wanted to smack my coworkers who said I should have gotten black or steel appliances, that I "can do that next time I get new stuff". ummm... the fridge and dishwasher are both less than 6 months old, so that ain't happening! I also think the white offers relief from the dark floor and soft colors. Its offers crispness. Or so I tell myself.

As for the metallic chalk board, its actually magnetized. I think I do have black chalk board paint in the attic --- why didn't I think of that? Link to chalk board: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...7c1%7cNtpc%7c1 It says $74.99 online... I paid $34.99 and wasn't sure I wanted to pay that much! There's no way I'd have paid the original price of $150!!!

It looks great, I don't remember did you do it yourself?

I struggled between stainless and white when I bought a new fridge, all the other appliances are white so I went with white and I am glad the fridge is huge and the white keeps it more low profile.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

So you guys are coming over and doing my kitchen..when????

I have a contractor ready to go, but I had to put things on hold to clean out everything and sell furniture. A few medical problems for me (what else is new??? )hindered things to.

Anyhoo..I your kitchen! What a great job! Congrats on all your hard work.. it really paid off!!! Give back my cabinets, thieves.

I've been Boooo'd!

It all looks beautiful, the hard work sure paid off.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Really looks great!

Isn't it funny how any project ends up taking so much longer than you thought it would?

Enjoy the new space.