Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punxatawney Phil

So I'm driving to work this morning - and the radio station has fun and says the "rise and shine campers" line from Groundhogs Day and then played the song that was in the movie.

So now I have "I've got you babe" stuck in my head. HELP!!!

(btw - here we use a woodchuck or some other poor critter up at the zoo - its sunny here today.)

These are not the droids you were looking for

PETA really needs to just go away. I have a friend who grew up in Punxsy and Phil is very much the pampered pet. Well taken care of the other 364 days of the year and once a year makes his 5 minute appearance, goes back to his apartment and just sort of hangs out for the rest of the year until his big moment the next year. They start celebrating about 2 weeks ahead of the official Groundhogs Day, there are pictures and signs and stuff EVERYWHERE up there.....and the friend moved to Arizona but I have to send her a happy graoundhog day greeting every year just because

If there was a groundhog here he would seal up his burrow so its water tight and come out somtime in march...

If there's six more weeks of winter, I might as well just start hibernating. It's been a fairly warm winter to be honest but the past few weeks haven't been very nice. Me and Mikey would appreciate some warm weather down here in jersey! Not to mention, it would make the wait between now and Spring break FASTER.