Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Dog of the Day

Todays Dog of the Day

What a beautiful dog - what a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

People like you should be commended for rescues like this - how great of you both to take this beautiful animal from a terrible environment like the one it was originally in.

Take pride in your story - you give pet owners a good name.

cochise well done for being dotd, you are lovely

What a handsome guy!!! Thank God your friend told you about him, you're right, he would never have made it with that kind of neglect. He must have been waaaaay too young from his mom, if he was only 6 weeks old when you got him & he'd already been with that family for a while.

He's a gorgeous boy, and very lucky to find his way to a wonderful Siberian loving family like you! A-roos to yous!!!!

~Jack and Moo

It is unreal that people can want a dog for a novelity! iam so glad you were able to take him and give him a good home he is beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Retriever Lover View Post
    What a beautiful dog - what a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

People like you should be commended for rescues like this - how great of you both to take this beautiful animal from a terrible environment like the one it was originally in.

Take pride in your story - you give pet owners a good name.
    Aww, thank you so much! When we rescued Cochise we actually had five dogs at home already. We definitely were not looking for another one but we couldn't turn our backs on this guy! We originally took him and thought that we would find him a good home with a friend of ours but I just couldn't give him up! It was love at first sight!
    Cochise, Shawnee, Kia, & Mapache

Quote Originally Posted by husky 1 View Post
    cochise well done for being dotd, you are lovely
    Cochise thanks you!! You have a beautiful pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post
    What a handsome guy!!! Thank God your friend told you about him, you're right, he would never have made it with that kind of neglect. He must have been waaaaay too young from his mom, if he was only 6 weeks old when you got him & he'd already been with that family for a while.

He's a gorgeous boy, and very lucky to find his way to a wonderful Siberian loving family like you! A-roos to yous!!!!

~Jack and Moo
    Thank you so much! The luck part of it was mutual! He is very spoiled and has a great family with four sister sibes! We just lost our alpha wolf/malamute on Christmas eve so Cochise is now filling his place as the alpha male. It's pretty funny seeing as he is only 10 months old now. He was way too young to be taken away from his mother. The people who had him before said they got him at 2 weeks. I think he still thinks that I am his mother! Luckily I don't work and was able to be with him all the time! Thanks again for your kind comments! A-roos to you and your pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by mydd View Post
    It is unreal that people can want a dog for a novelity! iam so glad you were able to take him and give him a good home he is beautiful !
    I agree 110%!!! I just can't understand how someone could do that to any animal! We are blessed to have him with us! Thank you so much for your kind comments!

Cochise

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!! I AM A CAT LADY BUT I RECALL GROWING UP AND THERE WAS A LARGE HUSKY NAMED CHIEF WHO USED TO WALK DOWN THE CENTER OF OUR STREET LIKE HE OWNED THE AREA. I DON'T KNOW WHO OWNED HIM-BUT HE WAS GORGEOUS AND VERY CALM AND QUIET. THIS IS A GREAT-LOOKING BREED. COCHISE, HAPPY DOTD-AND THANK YOU FOR BEING ON PET TALKSUSANSWATLIN518

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Cochise

THUNK!

Adorable Cochise, I fell on the floor in a swoon after seeing your beautiful face. I think I'm in

I'm so glad your family gets you some "snow-time". If you ever take a trip to Alaska, please let me know. We've got lots of that white stuff just waiting for you.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by susanswatlin518 View Post
    WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!! I AM A CAT LADY BUT I RECALL GROWING UP AND THERE WAS A LARGE HUSKY NAMED CHIEF WHO USED TO WALK DOWN THE CENTER OF OUR STREET LIKE HE OWNED THE AREA. I DON'T KNOW WHO OWNED HIM-BUT HE WAS GORGEOUS AND VERY CALM AND QUIET. THIS IS A GREAT-LOOKING BREED. COCHISE, HAPPY DOTD-AND THANK YOU FOR BEING ON PET TALKSUSANSWATLIN518
    Thank you for your kind comments!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    THUNK!

Adorable Cochise, I fell on the floor in a swoon after seeing your beautiful face. I think I'm in

I'm so glad your family gets you some "snow-time". If you ever take a trip to Alaska, please let me know. We've got lots of that white stuff just waiting for you.
    Cochise thanks you! I fell in love with him the minute I saw him too! He just loves the snow and would definitely be in heaven if he ever went to Alaska!

What an amazing, heart wrenching, inspirational story! You are truly a brave and courageous boy Cochise; a fighter and a survivor! We all are so, so very grateful that you found your way out of that horror home, into the loving arms of such a wonderful, caring forever family; humans who will respect and cherish you all the days of your life! As your Mom says, you never would have survived such neglect!

Yes indeed, you and your pack are simply magnificent, and we are so happy to pay homage to you here today! Thanks to your wonderful family for sharing you and your heartwarming story with us, and the breathtaking photos! I hope you and the pack are all enjoying a very special Dog of the Day celebration, romping and playing and being spoiled to pieces! Love, hugs and belly rubs to you, beautiful Cochise!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You are SO beautiful; I made my co-worker get up and come look at your puppy picture And what a handsome boy you grew up to be!! I am also so happy to see your mom posting on here! We can never have enough husky lovers

This was my beautiful boy, Stryker: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/804369

Hey, I found another Cochise thread...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=158986