Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oz has lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hee hee - nose nudge accepted, belly rub offered in return! Of all our family's dogs, Gracie the Great Dane was really the only one to nose-poke us!
    You had a great dane named Gracie? So did we!! What color was your great dane?

And I'm sorry to hear about Oz. I think he's very pretty. I like collies... How is he doing now?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Thanks for the continued hugs and prayers ya'll...

Well not so good news today. We finally got the results of that one blood test and Oz has t-cell lymphoma. This one is more resistant to treatment over time and has lower remission rates, once it does go into remission. They started him on a new treatment so I guess we'll see.

While the back room of this vet clinic is a bit scary for him, Oz has decided the waiting room, where you get to meet and greet with other puppers and kitties, more then makes up for it. That Oz, if there was a beauty pageant for Dogs, he'd win Mr. Congeniality.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I'm so sorry to hear about Oz. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    You had a great dane named Gracie? So did we!! What color was your great dane?
    Our beloved Gracie was almost all black, shiny as can be, with a white Taj Mahal shape on her chest and white toes. She was a rescue from a stupid couple that didn't feed her good puppy food, and she had rickets when we got her, poor thing/ So whenever she did something really lunk-headed, we'd mentally blame the igjits for any brain damage she might have ended up with!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no, not OZ!! My heart sunk so low when I read the title, and this thread makes me feel so sad. Keeping you in my thoughts, and pray the treatments will do their work. {{HUGS}}

Bless his heart. Keep fighting Oz!

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. We just got back from the vet and he's doing good on the new medicine... Gaining weight, less lethargic and his blood work looked good... So all systems go for the moment. Maybe a miracle will happen and he'll have a better then average result, as far as response to the medicine and remission time.

Tiz a beautiful day here today. I may come back later and update with an Oz pic enjoying the sun.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Oz enjoying the spring weather in Texas. Looks a bit more like Fall, with all the leaves falling off the trees.

Gull catching a few rays too, surrounded by a pile of springtime fall foliage.

Vet visit for Oz today. His response to that new med is still good. Blood work came back fine and the lymph nodes are still normal.

He had a lil' bit of an altercation with a Boxer and then a Beagle in the waiting room. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why they were growling at him and giving him the evil eye, so he compensated by spending our time in the waiting room, draped across my lap. Apparently there's no place safer then Mom's lap.

There was the most gorgeous Blue Merle Aussie and adorable Cavvie that we saw on the way out. If I ever get my Android phone, I'll start taking pics of the dogs in the waiting room and share'em with ya'll.

I'm so sorry to hear about Oz.

It's good to hear that he's tolerating the treatment well, it means you've made a good choice. He is such a handsome-boy. Love to see pictures of him

But I believe the power of prayer is unbeatable. When we found out my Carly had cancer, my friends and I prayed every day for her continued good health and she outlasted what they predicted by double the time.

Robin

Thanks Robin! The prayers and positive energy headed Oz's way definitely can't hurt.

Oz is still doing a-okay. Another vet appointment next Friday. I think we've got another 3 and a half months left on this treatment and hopefully the cancer is in remission by then and stays in remission.

We'll hope so! Oz will remain in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

I've been keeping track of this thread and following Oz's progress. I'm sending out lots of positive thoughts and prayers and I know that Oz will soon be in full remission. Your furkids have always had a special place in my heart, Les. Hang in there!

{{HUGS}}

Thanks Karen!

Hi Robin! Just saw your message or would have posted back sooner. Thanks for the well wishes. Tomorrow we go in for another check up, but Oz seems to still doing good. He pees more often, but that's the worst of it so far.

How's your three doing? Love your three too.

Welp Oz is remaining status quo on the treatment, so all's still well. Although he gained another 3 lbs. That's 11 lbs in about 3 mos. Due to the steroids, because he's not eating more then usual. At this rate, he's going to catch up with Gull, before the treatment's over.

When the Vet tech first weighed him, he didn't have his back feet on the scale. So she accused him of trying to cheat. He looked a lil' chagrined, but after he weighed in at 83lbs, she was telling him, "see, you didn't need to cheat". He looked happy again, so I didn't have the heart to tell him, he was in fact overweight. Ah well on him it looks good.