Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginger, our diva girl crossed the bridge this afternoon.

Unhappy Ginger, our diva girl crossed the bridge this afternoon.

Our sweet girl was put down this afternoon as she has been detering in the past week and was very frail and her quality of life wasn't good.

We inherited Ginger in 2003 from my grandmother when she passed away from pancreatic cancer. We knew her all of her life though. I remember when my grandmother got her, I literally almost sat on her and I remember that clearly.

She was a loyal, loving sweet dog. She was bonded with my mom more than anything though I think because she knew she was a part of my grandmother's life although dogs don't know if you're a friend/relative or whatever but they trust you because you are a part of a person's life if that doesn't sound cheesey. I mean if you're a good influence in someone's life and my mom was so devoted to my grandmother she happily took her in when we inherited her.

She was originally supposed to go to my aunt but she hated her dogs so she came to live with us permanently. She hated Buster seriously when he grew up and she got toy possessive. But she secretly loved growling at him for no reason at all. She was just that way with him.

Tiger my soul cat loved her and she loved him. He rubbed up against her all the time and she would walk away and he would chase her and rub his head under her chin. I think she secretly enjoyed it even though she gave me pleading eyes like make him stop mom! But I couldn't because Tiger felt comfortable. He loved Rocky too because he felt safe.

Last night was bittersweet for me. When my parents went to bed I layed with Ginger on the floor and gave her some love. Tiger came over and gave her some love too. I wouldn't trade that hour for the world. I was not able to make it to the vets when she was sent to the rainbow bridge because I had to work.

Back to last night, she crawled up to me like usual and I petted her "bat" ears I loved to because they felt like velvet. She came closer and closer and layed her head in my lap. I just hugged her and hugged her some more. That hour was hard for me but it was bittersweet. Tiger did one last nuzzle under her chin and I will never forget that moment he did that.

It was like the world stopped so he could say his goodbye to Ginger. It was so sweet. She was an awesome, quirky loveable dog. I have no doubt that she is up playing with Rocky & Jenny and my grandmother's dogs Molly and Princess as she was around when they went to the bridge.

It makes me happy that she is reunited with my grandmother. I have no doubt that they are just having the time of their new life at the bridge. It breaks my heart we had to let her go but the right decisions don't make you feel so guilty but your heart still breaks. She is no longer in pain and is young again and chasing butterflies and romping around like she did as a young dog.

If it doesn't sound too cheesey I hope we made my grandmother proud taking care of Ginger until they were reunited and they are. She has enriched our lives so much, it won't be the same without her diva self and stroking her "bat" ears and looking into those soft, gorgeous big brown eyes. I don't think I can type anymore through the tears. :cry:

But I will show a few pictures of her and post more when I feel up to it. We love you and will miss you dear sweet girl. Be good up at the bridge and give grandma some kisses for me.

Ginger Snap 1998 - 2010.

pics in the next post..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

She hated the camera.

Ginger and my aunt's dog, Nicki.

RIP sweet girl.. :cry: until we meet again. I will miss everything about you especially stroking your velvety bat ears and just loving on you. Thank you for being a huge part of my life and say hi to Rocky & Jenny for me.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh, sweet Ginger rest in peace, and celebrate your grand reunion with your original momma. A sad day down here, but oh, what a joyful reunion in heaven today!
    I've Been Frosted

Krista *hugs*

I'm so sorry about Ginger, but I'm glad you had one sweet hour with her before it was her time. I'm sure she is romping and playing and spending time with your grandmother, and I'm sure they're very happy.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I'm so sorry Krista. Ginger was such a pretty girl, even though we didn't see her a lot since she didn't like her picture taken. She's young and healthy again and with your grandma. I'm sure Rocky and Jenny have found her and they will look after her. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry to hear about Ginger, she was such a beautiful girl. I know you are going to miss her a lot.

R.I.P. Sweet Ginger, and enjoy your reunion with your real mom in heaven.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

So sorry for your loss. Farewell sweet Ginger, find Sami and Sasha there, they'll show you the ropes.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am sorry to hear this. I am sure she is happily reunited with your grandmother, leaving one loving home to return to her original loving home. RIP, Sweet Ginger Snap.

Oh Krista my eyes are flowing freely at your loss, I am sooo very sorry to hear this. Please give your family and yourself HUGE hugs from the pack and I.

RIP Ginger, run free at the bridge and be reunited with those that love you there.

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

I am so sorry to hear about Ginger, Krista. I had no idea she was getting bad, I am truely so sorry. RIP sweet girl, your adoptive family loved you baby and now you're with your former loving owner. Rest easy, Ginger Snap, may Sassy greet you at the bridge with much youth and happiness.

I feel so sad for you. It is so difficult to bear these things when they have to be done............Have peace in knowing she isn't suffering any more.....
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

oh no Krista i am so sorry to hear this she was a cutie for sure..

RIP sweet girl

I'm so sorry, Krista. Ginger was such a sweetie. I know she is sorely missed.

Rest in Peace Ginger Play hard at the bridge Sweetheart

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sad woos for Ginger & you. It's hurts to lose such a dear companion, but she's back with your grandma and the two of them will be waiting to be reunited with you some day. I know your grandma is proud of you for giving Ginger such a loving home.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, it just breaks my heart.

No, it's not cheesy at all. I know your grandmother was very proud of your for taking such good care of Ginger. It's nice that they get to be with each other now.

Many (((HUGS)))

RIP Ginger

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets