Thread: Autumn has a red eye

Autumn has a red eye

I have a vet appointment for Naylee for her rabies shot on Friday, and now Autumn is going with. I don't know if she got something in her eye at the dog park since its pollen season or has conjunctivitis. She looks like she got kicked in the eye the way she's holding it shut. I wish she didn't have to wait until Friday, but maybe it'll be good if it happens to just be irritation and clears up before then.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

2. Owe. i wish her the best of luck an that it does turn out to be irritation.

Lacey and Sugar both have pink eye -- conjunctivitis. Which is VERY Painful! Oh I hope it isn't that, poor thing having to wait till Friday!

I gave Autumn a 300mg buffered aspirin last night (I normally give her one when she's in arthritis pain in winter). This morning she looked 75% better. It only treats the symptoms, not the cause of course so she'll still be going to the vet, but at least she can be more comfortable until then. The only vets around here I could get in before Friday are emergency which would be like $500 for such a simple problem, or another local vet I don't really trust.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

The vet says Autumn has conjuctivitis due to dry eye. He gave us gentamicin and artificial tears.

That should help soothe it and help it heal as well.