Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit Boss

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Oh. Well I hope he keeps the alternative options as an open conversation with the vet. They keep coming up with new drugs for steralizing without surgury. I wonder if the dog would have a bad reaction to gas and local as opposed to injection.

Indigo: At least the other show is a real rescue that screens potential adoptions and takes their dogs to the vet as soon as they get them. This Shorty guy has a long way to go. He's also just out of jail, what's the difference between him and the parolees?
    Not much of anything really. You're right at least Pit Bulls and Parolees screen their new homes... a big beef of mine is that they ( Tia and her daughters) walk around half naked with these ex convicts. Also, each kennel is a great hiding place for an Addict who is supposedly on kennel clean up duty.

I just wish that they would have a show, it doesn't necessarily need to be breed specific, but one that is based off of people who actually work with dogs. Not another rescue show, but one that shows dogs who have been bred and raised right, What is involved for handlers that put their dogs through obedience, compete in sports, or show confirmation. These dogs are just not for rejects of todays society, ya know what I mean? A show like that will spike peoples interest not only in animals period, but to go out and try to have fun with their beloved pets. There are many limited privledge opportunities through registries to "compete" with your altered dogs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

HERE HERE Shana, I completely agree, both of these shows are doingnothing right for our breed, even thought hey take care of them, seriously Pit Boss is totally scripted and I am not doubting the fact that he has love for his dogs or the breed but this show is a complete JOKE. Pit Bulls and Parolees is supposed to PBRC and if so wow, is all I hav to say

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

OK, I just don't get it

I didn't think this show was trying to do anything against the breed/jail/prison/parolees/Michael Vick/unaltered dogs or whatever. I personally didn't think the show was negative about anything. It's like every other reality show, maybe it is scripted...most of them are. So what.

I just brought it up because I thought his dogs were cute, he seems to really care about dogs and I liked the fact that he took them to the nursing home to show people that big dogs are not scary.

Why must you always make it into something negative when it comes to anything to do with any kind of pitbulls/bullies/crossbreeds?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    OK, I just don't get it

Why must you always make it into something negative when it comes to anything to do with any kind of pitbulls/bullies/crossbreeds?
    cuz so many people buy into the myth put out by the media?
    I love my bully!

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    OK, I just don't get it

I didn't think this show was trying to do anything against the breed/jail/prison/parolees/Michael Vick/unaltered dogs or whatever. I personally didn't think the show was negative about anything. It's like every other reality show, maybe it is scripted...most of them are. So what.

I just brought it up because I thought his dogs were cute, he seems to really care about dogs and I liked the fact that he took them to the nursing home to show people that big dogs are not scary.

I didn't mean to sound confrontational. I was just putting my two cents in. I haven't been argumentative anywhere else within your forum. I will back away from this thread then.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Psht, I just wish they had more agility shows on Animal Planet. My favorite.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by redog View Post
    cuz so many people buy into the myth put out by the media?
    I understand that. I just didn't really see that they were looking at them in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Bully Connection View Post
    I didn't mean to sound confrontational. I was just putting my two cents in. I haven't been argumentative anywhere else within your forum. I will back away from this thread then.
    No, you don't need to do that. I just honestly don't understand what they were doing that made things look so bad.
    I love rotties and they have a bad rep too, but if it were them in the show I wouldn't have thought they were doing anything to make them look bad. In fact I thought they were trying to show a good side.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My two cents is that the guy is not a rescue, he's a vigilante. Think Robin Hood. I don't get the impression that he knows anything about liability. Regardless of breed (they could be labs or corgis for all I care) he's taking dogs under his wing that may have been treated badly or purposely made aggressive. I'd like to see a more formal situation rather than a joke of a show with a former criminal running a talent agency and stealing dogs from bad people on the side.

Its the same way I feel about the show with the biker vigilantes saving dogs.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton