Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pit Boss

Pit Boss

Has anyone watched this show on Animal Planet yet? http://animal.discovery.com/tv/pit-boss/

I watched it for the first time last night and really liked Shorty and his rescue. His pitties are so freakin' cute!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Lol yeah... It's a good show.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I've watched bits and pieces. Looks like it's gonna be a good show.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yes I watched this weekend & I liked it.. I like Shorty & the whole crew & the doggs are so Cute..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I enjoyed the show. Shorty has more guts than a lot of people I know!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

I liked the show - Shorty may not have the best people skills ever, but he sure does love those pitties! I loved him trying to get out of bed in the morning, flanked by sleepy pitties, and one of them just wanted to fall back asleep!
    I've Been Frosted

they're not doing the breed any justice. making the dogs look like they are only for criminals and scumbags. the little guy has no control of the dogs and needs to trim their nails. animal planet is doing nothing but confirming the medias perception of a dying breed. those are not even american pitbull terriers. they are bullies and cross breeds.
    Last edited by redog; 01-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    I love my bully!

OK how about this

Come on Animal planet can we get a pitty show that doesnt have anything to do with jail/prison/parolees/Michael Vick??
    I love my bully!

Quote Originally Posted by redog View Post
    they're not doing the breed any justice. making the dogs look like they are only for criminals and scumbags. the little guy has no control of the dogs and needs to trim their nails. animal planet is doing nothing but confirming the medias perception of a dying breed. those are not even american pitbull terriers. they are bullies and cross breeds.
    I don't know about the breeds of the dogs, but he is not a criminal or a scumbag. He is a working actor and runs a talent agency. The neighborhoods may not be the best, but that is where he grew up, and I hardly think he can be faulted for that. And he is opposed to breeding and trying to get people to not breed. His dogs do not seem out of control, and he really does seem to love them. Yeah, maybe they need their nails trimmed, but what dog doesn't, from time to time? The dogs seem happy, clean, well-fed and well loved.
    I've Been Frosted

he damaged property and stole a dog ..............theres a process that a rescue goes thru to recover an animal
    I love my bully!

He refuses to get his own dog neutered. I've heard many many people locally lately use his same excuse "oh I wouldn't do that to my dog, but I'm not breeding them". What about the good points of spaying and neutering. A dog can't get testicular cancer or a very common and deadly uterine infection if the parts aren't there. This idiot is just going to further the current trend of not spaying or neutering.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    He refuses to get his own dog neutered. I've heard many many people locally lately use his same excuse "oh I wouldn't do that to my dog, but I'm not breeding them". What about the good points of spaying and neutering. A dog can't get testicular cancer or a very common and deadly uterine infection if the parts aren't there. This idiot is just going to further the current trend of not spaying or neutering.
    He explained in one episode that his dog had a very bad reaction to the anesthetic the only time he had minor surgery, so he was advised that putting the dog under for getting neutered might kill him.
    I've Been Frosted

There is now a "procedure" where they have an injection that goes into his "stuff" which will kill of the testicles. My grandmother had it done to her GSD, Grizzly.

IMO, Animal Planet is doing a detrimental thing for our dogs. I know they're trying to stay positive and what not with all of these new snazzy shows on the "pit bull". Not just this joke of a show with little people and "pit bulls" (I have yet to see a real APBT on the show)... but this joke of a show Pit Bull and Parolees... for the people who do not run right out and get a dog that they are not ready for, it just makes us as bulldog owners the laughing stock of country... Pit bulls are lumped together with deformities, and convicted convicts.

PS-sorry i've been out for a while guys. I had to tighten my belt financially because of Indigos vet trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Oh. Well I hope he keeps the alternative options as an open conversation with the vet. They keep coming up with new drugs for steralizing without surgury. I wonder if the dog would have a bad reaction to gas and local as opposed to injection.

Indigo: At least the other show is a real rescue that screens potential adoptions and takes their dogs to the vet as soon as they get them. This Shorty guy has a long way to go. He's also just out of jail, what's the difference between him and the parolees?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Here's a link to the nuetering process that i described.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1997&aid=2912

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug