The other day I sent an e-mail to Cirrus's new owner to ask how he's doing. When it took a while to receive a reply, I knew that something was probably wrong and I was right. I guess she thought that she had already informed me but she hadn't. He passed away suddenly about 1 year ago. This is what she had to say:

Hi, Tracey....I'm so sorry that I didn't email you sooner...I thought I had....Flint died about a year ago...I'll attach the note I sent to the network

Flint died this fall....he seemed a little quiet for a few days, then developed some upper respiratory symptoms...fortunately I have a vet who makes house calls, so we put him on antibiotics right away, but he died that night...very peacefully...we don't know why or what, but he was younger than the other 3 which makes it a little mysterious...no one else in the house was sick, so still a mystery.

My vet thought because his illness came on so suddenly it might be FIP but not sure...another possibility was a tumor, but again he went downhill so fast it wasn't clear.

Flint really had a very happy life here....he was somewhat a loner but had no disagreements with theothers..he really enjoyed being in the outdoor enclosure. I think I sent all the pictures I had of him, but will send what I can find again (in the next email!).

I'm so sorry about his loss and that I didn't get back to you....I do have his ashes here and if you wanted them, I could send to you. Otherwise, some friends are making a memorial plaque and are trying to design a place in my back yard for the ashes of all my departed kitties and he will join them.

Thanks for loving Flint and thinking about him. He was a lovely boy!!

Marjorie

I know that she provided him with a much better home than I ever could because he needed his own space that I just couldn't provide for him. He and Sunny were playmates and he loved my Sunny. He formed a strong bond with Sunny and when I have to eventually say goodbye to my Sunny they'll be together again.

Here are a few pictures that I took of him during his 2 year stay with me:

Here are a few older pictures that his new owner sent me. He loved being in the outdoor enclosure. I hope she'll be able to send me some more.

He was such a handsome big boy and I was sorry to have to rehome him but he wanted to become the alpha cat and Storm wouldn't let him. I found out that all of his other siblings were the same way. I'm glad that he could live his remaining time in a wonderful spacious home. I still love you Cirrus/Flint and I think about every day. Soon you'll be with my Sunny again. RIP sweet boy.