Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye my sweet Scooter Bug 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010 - Photo# 47

Crystal, I'm so sorry to hear about Scooterbug's passing. You did the right thing and now he's at peace with many other PT kitties at Rainbow Bridge. I'm dreading the day when I have to put my Sunny down. Our babies are never with us long enough. I'm sure he'll be watching over you and he'll live in your heart forever. RIP sweet boy.

I am so sorry about Scooter. His look-a-like (Taz) will be at the bridge to show him around.

RIP Scooter Bug
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Not another one Oh this is so heartbreaking because the passing of my dear Max is still so raw.

Your precious furbaby has received the blessing of God and all His Kitty Angels and now little Scooter Bug is whole again. Play hard at the RB sweet one and rest easy knowing you will see your Meowmie again.

SM: You know you did the right thing but that doesn't make the pain any easier to bear. My goes out to you and I cry as you cry.

{{{hugs}}}
    luv slick xoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you everyone.

My house already feels empty, even though there are 4 other critters around. Scooter Bug was truly MINE, from the moment he came to live with me around 5 weeks of age.

One morning about 7am, my ex-husband and I heard a knock on our door. It was our neighbor, Ann. And she was holding this teeny little kitten. I looked at David and said, "Don't you open that door!" And he did. I told him, "don't you take that kitty! We already have 3." And he did. The kitty was wandering around by the school bus stop, and Ann didn't want him to be left there... She had dogs and was slightly afraid of cats, but brought him to us because she knew we had a soft spot for them.

Scooter was originally named "no-name kitty" because we were not going to keep him. I also thought he was a girl (he hadn't developed very well yet). After a couple days, he became Fizgig (from a movie, The Dark Crystal maybe?). Then I noticed something odd. Every time I'd be sitting on my bed watching tv or reading, he'd get up on the foot of it and just inch his way over to where I was... he'd snuggle into my shoulder with me not even noticing and start purring. He'd bug the crap out of me. He named himself Scooter Bug. And he was my snuggle bug, my lovey bug.

When David and I split up, the one cat we were 100% sure I'd take was Scooter Bug. David said, "Scooter wouldn't survive without you." I truly believe that. He and I had a bond that was incredible. When I had him read by Nancy Efrusy, she said, "if he were human, your husband would have serious competition" and "his love for you borders on unhealthy." My love for him was just as great.

My home doesn't feel that way any longer. It feels like just a house. I lost my ability to have children b/c of a disease many years ago. Scooter Bug WAS my child. My sweet, loving, adorable, little white chinny chin chin boy.

I kissed him on top of his head after they said he was gone. I told him I loved him more than all the stars in the sky and I was so sorry I couldn't fix him.

This is where he was the happiest. Snuggled up on my shoulder.

I love you my sweet boy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Rest in peace adorable Scooter

You will be forever missed, and always in your owner's heart.

Oh Crystal, I'm so sorry to be reading this.

Sweet Scooterbug, be a good boy and wait for your meowmy at the Bridge. She loves you so much.

HUGS to you.

The tears in my eyes make it hard to type.
    I a SO sorry for your loss.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}

What a lovely, lovely kitty. I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. There are just so many wonderful folks here losing friends, it's very heart-breaking. Scooter Bug surely had a delightful welcome as he was eased from his pain. He was very loved and you can see it in that sweet face of his.

I hope every day brings you more comfort. You have my sincere condolences.

Have fun at RB, Scooter Bug.

Scooter had a fine life, being rescued so young and spending all his days being loved by you. He is your child, the bond cannot be broken by time or space.

Scooter let your meme take care of you and wait for your mommy.

One Fine Day.

Dear Scooter Bug,
    Today was the 2nd morning I was forced to wake up and have you gone. Going to sleep last night was hard, too... you and I always snuggled at night, especially. You always sat on my chest and put your head on my left shoulder... and now it's empty.

Mommy has to go back to work today... I just wanted you to know I'm always thinking of you and miss you so much. I am so grateful for the four months I got to spend at home with you because I was sick and couldn't work.

Watch over me today.
    I love you my sweet kitty.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    He and I had a bond that was incredible. When I had him read by Nancy Efrusy, she said, "if he were human, your husband would have serious competition" and "his love for you borders on unhealthy." My love for him was just as great.
    ...and I'm sure his love for you will not die, now that he passed on to the other side. He will love and protect you from there.

Kirsten

This made me cry this morning, I hope your day gets busy enough to distract you for a bit. {{hugs}}
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry to read this about Scooter. I know how you feel because even with five other cats here I still ache for Scout. She was my heart kitty as Scooter is yours.

Rest in Peace sweet Scooter Bug.

From Decker with Love

I'm so sorry about Scooter Bug.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I know how you are feeling, and I can only give you my thoughts and condolances...it does get better, and I understand the pain. Keep thinking of Scooter, and his spirit will help you to heal.