Thread: RIP Sasha - beloved shelter dog.

Unhappy RIP Sasha - beloved shelter dog.

We originally got Sasha in August of 2008 at my work
    (I work at an animal shelter) as her owner was in poor health and had to go to a nursing home. The son just let her run. We adopted her out in November/December of 2008 to what we thought was the 'perfect' home for Sasha.. we did a home check, everything under the sun and it turned out not to be great. They never hurt Sasha but they let her get killed by a car on Monday and came in Tuesday to tell us and were looking for another dog.

They are not getting another dog from us. I told them I was sorry and the guy said oh she had a good run.. that made me fume. I had a strong bond with Sasha. She was a sensitive sweet girl. She would wiggle her body low to the ground in her kennel like she was dancing. She did it nervously but it was so endearing.

I fell in love with her, she was an awesome APBT girl. I know they must have loved her but they let her get killed by a car because she was off-leash. I don't feel sorry for them as much as it may sound blunt but how they let her die by being ignorant and irresponsible I only feel sorry for Sasha having to die like that. I bought her a nice frame tonight and I will put her in it. RIP sweet gorgeous Sasha.

You touched my heart in so many ways. You were a special sweet soul and I loved you and I am sure you loved me too. Until we meet again...

Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

RIP sweetie, I am sorry your humans didn't do a better job as your protector.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Lovely pic of Sasha. RIP dear gal.

That's so sad.

Not that I'm defending the owners, but my friends had a dog get hit by a car and it was a complete accident. She had got out of the yard and they were trying to get her back in when she ran out into the street.

RIP Sasha
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you caseysmom. I just wish people would take a step up for their protection. I would do ANYTHING for my dogs and that means no off-leash because you cannot trust people on the other side. Thank you Freedom.

Taz - I do get what you're saying but what I got from them was that they were walking her off-leash in a busy street. Accidents do happen, though and unfortunately Sasha had to pay her life for it.

She was a true APBT. Friendly, sweet, outgoing, loved everyone and everything you could want in a dog. I remember when we got her at the shelter, I let her settle in a bit like a week and I gave her a bath she jumped out of the tub 3 times and let me pick her up each time and wash her off. When she had to get her stitches out from being spayed, I just held her while my co-worker took them out and she just sat in my lap and didn't move. Atleast those memories I can hold on to. She was a sweet gal.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm sorry about Sasha. I know how much you bond to your shelter pups. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry about Sasha. It would be so hard to work at a shelter. I know it's rewarding, but it takes a certain kind of person to be able to do that kind of work and I'm so, so glad there are people like yourself who are able to love a shelter dog as if it were their own. What a shame that Sasha had such a short life outside shelter bars. No dog deserves to be in a shelter, but of those who find themselves there, how sad that she didn't have the long, happy life that she deserved. I hope the people who let her run away are very devistated, they should be. I also hope the folks who hit Sasha are able to forgive themselves. I can't imagine how horrid it would be to hit a dog I had to pull over and sob when I hit a squirrel many, many years ago.

Rest in peace, Sasha. You sounded like a great gal and I hope you have lots of fun up there at RB. Please say hi to my Graham dog for me.