i spent a small fortune on dermatologist bills and had scratch and blood test that revealed allergies to dust and mites but i don't believe there were any foods found or maybe the test were not that comprehensive. On my own, after studying allergies online, I decided to eliminate corn. It turned out corn was my Koko's problem all long. I did go back to a food with corn and sure enough the allergies returned. I now feed Koko NUTRO NATURAL CHOICE Chicken rice and oatmeal, that is also good for her sensitive stomach. I tried a number of different limited ingredient dry foods that were either not good for her stomach or she just refused to eat them. I believe the more expensive the food the less she liked it. She would not eat any brand of food that had lamb, venison, or salmon as the meat protein. I'm just glad that Petco takes back food that your pet will not eat.

Koko was on frontline since she was about 5 months old but was at least 2 before she developed allergies to corn. I also think that she first had Dermatitis on her belly caused by possibly scratching fleas. It was shortly after that that her back started scaling and having sores. This was not because of fleas. The Vet said that skin allergies can be caused by what
the dog breathes. It turned out it was what she ate. We still have dust and I'm sure there are mites in the dust. Koko is fine now on a corn free diet.