Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PT "book" project?

The PT "book" project?

I thought about this a while back and never really gave it a good look until today.

I have always wanted to try something like a chain letter for PT...

My idea is to get a composition book, like the have in grade schools, send it to people to write, doodle or paste a picture into it, then they could send it along to the next person who would want to host it.

I can only think of two costs for hosting the book-a large envelope to mail it in and the cost of postage-three/four dollars?

I know that times are hard at the moment, but I was hoping that if enough people were interested, we could do this and see where it can go.

I think it would be blast to have people keep it for a few days/a week, read it, write a page or two and send it to the next person.

----------------------

There are a few ideas that I need to iron out for this to get in gear, but wanted to see how many people would be willing to invest a little time and money into this.

I know that there are some very creative people on PT and it would be fun to see them contribute.

Thanks.

I would be interested!! It would be neat to see what people would write and draw.

Remember, a book would count as "media mail," and can be sent for less postage. And of course, if we use mailing labels that can easily be pasted over, the same envelope can be used over and over!
    I've Been Frosted

I like the idea.

The people who receive it 3rd, 6th, aren't going to see as much as the ones who see it 15th, etc.

What about if someone scans it all in and sets it up on . . . photobucket? or somewhere, as a slide show? I have a scanner and would be willing to do that last part of it. Of course, this means even those who don't contribute will get to see the whole thing. Not sure if that is what you want / have in mind.

Anyway, count me in!

Fun idea - I would absolutely participate

We did something similar my senior year of high school. we had a notebook that was passed around to all the seniors to write our thoughts of our last year. At the end of the year, we photocopied all the pages and got to keep a copy. I still have mine, and although I have not pulled it our real recently, I do go back and read it from time to time, 15 years later.

Count me in!

Here's an idea some ideas to float past everyone?

I like the offer Freedom gave to be the 'curator'?

After every tenth person or so, it would go "home" to be scanned and put on line so everyone would see it ?

I have to see what a book weighs and figure out another idea about postage.

If media mail rates are good, it may work!

I don't know, I think it would be more fun if everything didn't end up online. Just my humble opinion.

And of course, people who contribute early needn't be banned from doing so again, so getting to see it later, right?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't know, I think it would be more fun if everything didn't end up online. Just my humble opinion.

And of course, people who contribute early needn't be banned from doing so again, so getting to see it later, right?

You have a point, making it a 'must see' would keep the circulation moving.

Maybe posting a page or two would pique interest?

that would be so cool..IŽd poin.. just lemme find a post office near me hehe.. and IŽm in... although my postage would differ as it would go by weight.. but IŽd love to participate anyhow
    CorinnaŽs Christmas Card Swap Ž06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da HouseŽ10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    that would be so cool..IŽd poin.. just lemme find a post office near me hehe.. and IŽm in... although my postage would differ as it would go by weight.. but IŽd love to participate anyhow
    OK.

I was looking at "Book Tours" too.

Maybe when the book goes "out of town" we can see how many people in the area (Europe?) would be interested, that way we could line up the people beforehand, that way it could go once, and make the rounds so it doesn't become costly?

i'd be interested, online or cursive form
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I agree with Karen. I wouldn't want to see it online. Getting it in the mail makes it all the more surprising if you don't know what's inside.

Not sure what I would contribute as I can't draw but maybe I can put in some pics of RB Max and Speckles along with some of their fur.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Count me in.. Sounds like fun..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I would love to participate! And I agree, I don't think it should be online, at least not until it's completely full!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08