Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog would you want for life?

What kind of dog would you want for life?

If you could only choose one breed of dog to own foeever and never get a new kind of dog, only one certain kind, what kind would that be?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I could not possibly make that choice! If forced I would say "mutt" as there is an infinite variety in dogs in the world, and they all need love!
    I've Been Frosted

It would probably be the American cocker spaniel. I'll probably always have one in my life, though I do want many other breeds.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I have to say the one I have ,Koko, since statistics say she will out live me. I will be 70 in March and if I live to the average for today, I have 4 years to go. My father died at 74 and his died at 73. Koko should have at least 9-10 years if she lives the average for either of of the Breeds that contribute to her Gene pool. She is what I would pick even if I was only 20.

A Beagle, although Mikey is part pug, he's mostly and obviously Beagle. I always had a feeling I'd love beagles and I DO. I just love em. They're anything I could want in a dog.

Border Collie no contest.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I'd say a collie!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

It's impossible to choose just one for me. I love both of my current breeds equally, but for different reasons. I can't choose one over the other... one of each (a Toller and a Dobe) is ideal to me at this point in my life. And who knows, at some point I might want to try another breed as well. I like variety.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Well I'm not sure if I could pick only one. It would be a toss up between a Rottweiler and a Chow.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I don't think I can honestly say a particular breed yet. I do know I always want a medium-sized dog capable of long walks/hikes and other physical exercise. Right now Ethan fits that criteria perfectly.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Gosh, this is such a difficult question for me!
    I've never owned anything besides Labrador Retrievers. I love them to death, but they are so common, but for a good reason, they are excellent family dogs, and for the most part, have wonderful friendly, goofy temperaments! I think all Labs have a somewhat different personalities, Sadie and Rita are nothing alike, LOL!

I could definitely see myself owning a larger breed, like a Rottweiler. I could also see myself with a Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier, my neighbor has a Wheaton girl (Maggie) and she's so full of life! Wheaton's are very high energy dogs, and need constant exercise! Well, they are Terriers!
    I have also found myself to be very fond of Pugs. They have numerous health problems, this breed is basically a mess health wise. They are great little dogs, and I love the fact that they think they are huge. They have such spunky personalities, and I love that in a dog.

Other than that, I'm not completely sure on which breed I will own next, lol!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

It would probably be Dalmatians.

Niņo & Eliza

Dalmatians!!! Oh, they are my heart breed. I love them so much. I have decided that I cannot live one year for the rest of my life without them.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

german shepherd for me or saarloos wolfhound i have the shepherd lookin for the saarloos to complete it lol and because they are fluffy for ever smart and no matter how wet they get they never ever smell like wet dog thats beautiful thing

pomeranian

I would have to have pomeranians