Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog would you want for life?

I would choose pibbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    As long as I can have a dog again one day I don't think I will mind what breed it is
    but if someone were to offer me the dog of my choice it would have to be a border collie.........

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I could not possibly make that choice! If forced I would say "mutt" as there is an infinite variety in dogs in the world, and they all need love!
    I agree!!! There are way too many breeds to choose from, why not just combine them? Mutts are less prone to health problems, too

I'm answering your question as you asked it, but keep in mind that I love all dogs, but the breed I love the most and would have again, over and over, is the Golden Retriever. They are the perfect personality and size for me.

Beagle. They are the best dogs in the world! I would not regret getting a beagle.

It would have to be a Border Collie, hands down! They are amazing dogs!

Hard to answer that one. Shepherds have always been my breed of choice but then I've had quite a few wee ones and enjoyed them just as much. I'm just a dog person so I would probably fall in love with any dog.
    What I like most about the tiny breeds is that they can cuddle on the bed with you , Shepherds don't fit that criteria.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Goldens

Golden Retrievers, of course.
    Would you expect anything else out of "GoldenLover" lol
    Seriously though, I the breed. I love all of their hair. I love that they love water, because I'm a water baby myself! I love their temperment (even though puppies are hell on wheels because they have so much energy). I still love them. I love that I never have to worry about my dog not getting along with another dog or person- they are so happy-go-lucky and treat everyone as their new best friend. They can always can make me smile.
    I went back and forth on what breed I wanted for my second pup. I thought about a bunch of other breeds, but when it came down to it, I knew I wanted another Golden.

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

I'm not sure if I have responded to this thread or not, but to be honest, I have no idea what breed is the 'right breed' for me! I have yet to discover that one! But I can't wait to find out!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I don't think I could pick just one breed. My top faves are Great Danes and Siberian Huskies.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I think the kind of dog you get would depend on you and yourr living situation. For instance, do you live in a small apartment? or a house? Do you have a big yard? Are you in the city or country? Do you want a big dog in your apt or house? Many points need to be considered. Do you have allergies? Do you want an active dog? Are you active? Do you have children? You wouldnt want to get a little dog and have the children accidentally harm it. If children are around, you would want a dog with a consistently good nature with children.

I have no children, live in the country, and I have a lab mix that was a stray that loves the outdoors and I have a chihuahua terrier inside. Previously I had a mini doxie and a rat terrier, both of whom I adored. The lab mix that came here has a wonderful attitude with everyone as does my chihuahua terrier.

There are MANY dogs to choose from. IMO you need to find one that suits your lifestyle and temperment. Kay in NC

For me, my favorite dogs are little dogs. Right now my favorite is what I have: a chihuahua terrier mix, very small, very sweet, loving and friendly. Before that I had a rat terrier that I loved and before that a mini doxie. Also I've thought about little poodles and Yorkshires but never had one. Kay in NC

Kaycountrygal- What kind of kitty do you have pictured down there? Is it a Birman or Ragdoll? We have a Birman- he's such a sweetheart! I my Jinxy-cat!

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

GoldenLover---- Hi, I noticed your beautiful Jinx this morning and thought he and my Luke looked alot alike. Luke was a freebie. A neighbor was going to take Luke & his siblings to an animal shelter and I took Luke (other folks took the other two kittens). His mother was a Persian mix... dont know about his father but maybe a Siamese--neighbor didnt know. (IMO she should have had her cat spayed--but I got Luke out of it.) I've always thought he is a mix of Persian (med long hair) and Siamese and he is a BIG BOY at 27 lbs. He was a big kitten and the vet says he is healthy.

BTW I've always thought Ragdolls are lovely cats but dont know much about Birmans but yours is really pretty. Kay in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    If you could only choose one breed of dog to own forever and never get a new kind of dog, only one certain kind, what kind would that be?
    Probably an English Bulldog.