Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 pregnancy/baby thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    No guesses on gender, I don't hold to any of the "old wives tales" about how a woman carrying being a clue to gender or anything, as I have seen it disproved many, many times!
    Very cool Karen. Lots of people at work tell me almost matter of factly what I am having based on how I am carrying. I believe it has more to do with body shape of the woman versus anything else. I get a lot of boy based on how I am carrying however my SIL had a boy and she carried completely different than I am. You are right though, healthy human is what we are aiming for.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961 View Post
    Here I am at 32 weeks. The picture was taken on my cell phone so the quality is not that great. Any guesses on what baby is?
    You look great! I'm going to guess boy... no real reason, just a guess! Are you waiting to buy clothes or going with gender neutral? I've noticed the gender neutral stuff is harder to find. Nearly everything is either blue or pink!

Very cool Karen. Lots of people at work tell me almost matter of factly what I am having based on how I am carrying. I believe it has more to do with body shape of the woman versus anything else. I get a lot of boy based on how I am carrying however my SIL had a boy and she carried completely different than I am. You are right though, healthy human is what we are aiming for.
    Doesn't it get irritating when people do that? My husband and I were in the elevator at the hospital, leaving my ob/gyn's office when I was right around the due date with my daughter. We knew she was a girl, and there was some woman in the elevator who was convinced I was having a boy. Um, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    Are you waiting to buy clothes or going with gender neutral?
    I have quite a bit of clothes already as my SIL had a baby in October (a boy) so she has given me his clothes he has outgrown already. Albeit there is a lot of blue clothes I have some that can go for girl too (beige/brown, yellow, red, orange). I have purchased some myself as well, usually yellow, green, beige or white. I bought a little girl outfit this past weekend, I told hubby I needed something definitely girl to bring her home in. I figure everyone will be so excited once we have the baby they will get clothes then, especially if it's a girl since we haven't had a girl in the family since I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    Doesn't it get irritating when people do that? My husband and I were in the elevator at the hospital, leaving my ob/gyn's office when I was right around the due date with my daughter. We knew she was a girl, and there was some woman in the elevator who was convinced I was having a boy. Um, no...
    It does get irritating, hubby and I have a good laugh about it. I would think knowing the sex and having people tell you differently has got to be worse than us just not knowing. My SIL had a boy and she knew it and so did some others but some would still tell her she was having a girl, ummm she could see his "bits" on the sonogram pic.

The matter of fact tone and 100% sure is what is irritating, I would think if they were that good people would be seeking them out for their thoughts.

Best wishes and healthy babies to all!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Very cool Karen. Lots of people at work tell me almost matter of factly what I am having based on how I am carrying.

Oh man that was one thing that really bothered me. People would *tell* me what I was having. Even when I was less than two weeks from delivering Clara, people would argue that I was having a boy because I was "all belly.". My mom had two boys before me, and they were different in every way. I will never understand some things! Even if you've had ten children, it doesn't make you an expert or nor is your way the only way! People have to learn to share, not tell! Ok, I'm done with my rant!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    We knew she was a girl, and there was some woman in the elevator who was convinced I was having a boy.
    I had a lady at Target literally argue that I was going to be disappointed when I had to take all the pink clothes back. I said "no I won't be, but I'm pretty irritated with you right now, so just leave me alone.". Mind you, this was after about five minutes of just politely trying to end the conversation with her.

And I said I was done, but let me just say that the other thing I hated and still do...when people say, in response to my excitement about being pregnant or being a mom, "oh just wait, let's hear your tune in x weeks/months/years.". I'm not stupid, I get that it's not all sunshine and daisies, but I think I'll always love being a mother! I know I enjoyed pregnancy up until the moment she was born. Ok, now I'm really done ranting!

Wow! On a good note, haha, I'm so excited to meet all the new babies! Talk about a new generation of baby boomers! I know six couples (four if which I'm close enough to that I'll be attending baby showers!) that are expecting this summer! It's awesome!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    And I said I was done, but let me just say that the other thing I hated and still do...when people say, in response to my excitement about being pregnant or being a mom, "oh just wait, let's hear your tune in x weeks/months/years.". I'm not stupid, I get that it's not all sunshine and daisies, but I think I'll always love being a mother! I know I enjoyed pregnancy up until the moment she was born. Ok, now I'm really done ranting!
    Ugh! I hate that too. One of my husband's sister's was actually arguing with him about the fact that we wanted/planned another baby. She has one and is DONE. She just can't comprehend couples wanting more than one kid. It really bothered my husband who wants 4-5. (Not saying we'll have 4-5, but that's what he wants. We'll likely have at least 3 though.) I love being a mom and I love being pregnant and my husband loves being a dad and loves when I'm pregnant.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix View Post
    Ugh! I hate that too. One of my husband's sister's was actually arguing with him about the fact that we wanted/planned another baby. She has one and is DONE. She just can't comprehend couples wanting more than one kid. It really bothered my husband who wants 4-5. (Not saying we'll have 4-5, but that's what he wants. We'll likely have at least 3 though.) I love being a mom and I love being pregnant and my husband loves being a dad and loves when I'm pregnant.
    that terrible! Ugh. Isn't it such a personal decision? So whats good for one person totally isn't for another, know what i mean? I'm irritated at her for you, and I don't even know her. haha

On another note, I am supposedly HALFWAY as of today. Feeling great (just queasy all.the.stinkin'.time these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiebaker View Post

On another note, I am supposedly HALFWAY as of today. Feeling great (just queasy all.the.stinkin'.time these days).
    have you tried ginger for nausea? I didn't have it often but when I did get queasy, I'd suck/chew on a sliver of ginger and it always did the trick. I've heard citrus too but I never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    have you tried ginger for nausea? I didn't have it often but when I did get queasy, I'd suck/chew on a sliver of ginger and it always did the trick. I've heard citrus too but I never tried.
    yes, i have tried ginger...straight ginger makes me feel ill, but i have ginger gum and i sip ice cold ginger ale. But the only thing that makes me feel better is to sleep. but with a toddler, that's not possible haha

Update on me - I had my 34 week appointment today and my fundal height is measuring 2 weeks ahead. I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at my 32 week appointment as well. Doctor thinks there might be a big one in there. All routine tests (urine and blood pressure) were good. My next appointment will start the vaginal exams so I should know more then if baby is in the ready position, by palpatation it appears baby is head down. I have my first baby shower tomorrow! I have gained 29 pounds so far, everyone says I am all baby. The swelling in my feet and ankles is becoming more consistent now especially if I am on my feet a lot. My fingers are a little swollen as well. It won't be long now.

We got to see the baby on an ultrasound yesterday. She or he was moving around, and as soon as they started the ultrasound the baby put its little arm up like it was waving at us. Then it stretched its whole body up and was moving its head and legs.
    The only disappointing thing is that they didn't listen for the heartbeat.

My new EDD is September 22nd, instead of the 12th like I thought. The little darling was measuring 11w5d. I thought I was 13w1d but I guess I ovulated later than I thought or something.

Its head is towards the left side kinda in the middle of the pic, and the 2 little "nubs" below that are his or her arms, and the other little nub above that is one of his/her legs.

I haven't made an 'official' announcement yet, but you can add me to the 2010 pregnancy list

Congrats Jen.