Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Names Of Your Future Dogs?

Names Of Your Future Dogs?

I thought this would be fun to do. List names that you would like to use for future dogs. If you think of more later, come back and add those too. I love seeing what type of names others would pick out for their future pets.

For future dogs, I like the names:

Israel
    Kohlbi
    Dallas
    Malachi
    Baylyn
    Isaiah
    Vancouver
    Dilynn
    Lyric
    Eli

And I want another blonde long-haired teddy bear hamster sometime in the not-so-far away future (my girl of 3 years passed away last year).

For a boy:

Xyfin
    Siberia
    Niko

Or for a girl:

Nahli
    Nahla

I'm looking to possibly getting a new dog and I'm choosing between two female adults who names are Roxy & Sugar or a male puppy.

I'm considering renaming any of them Jodeci, I think its pretty much a unisex name. No reason why, just like the name. I know its a r&b group and yes I know the sort of songs they make

My other choice is renaming the girls to Cali, because they are located in Englewood, FL. And it reminds me of Inglewood, CA.

Other than that I like the name Kuvo (from The Lion King II) for a boy pup.

I also like the name Anubis for my future fennec fox!

I've only named Valentino and have kept the others name with minor changes, Princess to Princess Mama, since I already had a Princess and Peppy to Pepe. I had named all of Princess Mama's pups though, all after designers, Coco, Chanel, Armani, Versace, Louie, and of course my Valentino. They were also born four days before Valentine's Day.

Lyric, Eli, and Isaiah are names I'm considering for my future human kids
    MY RUGRATS

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I always named my pets by a name appropriate to the breed, or from what I observed of their personality - sometimes by their size or coloring.

Myndi was the exception - I got her when she was 10 months old and her previous owner had named her Mindy. I just kept that name since she already knew it - just changed the spelling.

As for future pets - there probably won't be any. I plan to have these pups around for a long time to come, and at my age, a new pup or kitty would most likely out live me, and I wouldn't want to go and have them possibly pine away for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My dog's names have not been very original. Mikey is not a name I would've picked, but he already knows it, so I wouldn't want to change it. As for future names, I want one to be named Spock - for sure. He needs to have pointy ears though. I also love the name Doby (the house elf from harry potter) - that pup will also need pointed ears. I like Anubis to, for either boy or girl, Anu for sure or An. I don't really have any specific names I want, but I would like them to be a little original xD I've never met a dog named Spock yet. I would possibly go for a few more Star Trek names after, depending on if I liked them. Sulu sounds kinda cute.

[Turns off dork mode]

I want a Caviler King Charles Spaniel and I want to name him Cecil. Next dog is going to be a Caviler I think. I've had my share of big dogs, next one is going to be a little lap dog and, if indeed it is a Caviler, his name will be Cecil if he's a boy. Not sure what to name her if it's a girl but I kind of have my heart set on a male Caviler.

My next male dalmatian (hopefully after my husband comes home from deployment in 2012) will be a male named Doc. We are thinking about adopting. So our next dalmatian may be a female. But we really want a Doc and don't really think it's appropriate for a female. lol Delta was almost Doc.

That's the only set name. A long time ago when we first started dating, we wanted a Great Dane named Maverick, a dalmatian named Goose, and a smaller/medium sized dog name Charlie. (Top Gun Lol)
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I haven't thought about future names for future dogs because I am blessed with the ones we do have although they all have generic names.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    My next male dalmatian (hopefully after my husband comes home from deployment in 2012) will be a male named Doc.
    Oooh I really like this name for a Dal.

I'm not positive on what breed my next dog will be, but I'm thinking about a pug. So we'll see!
    And for a Pug, I like these names:
    Tank- male
    Ollie- male or female

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs View Post
    I want a Caviler King Charles Spaniel and I want to name him Cecil. Next dog is going to be a Caviler I think. I've had my share of big dogs, next one is going to be a little lap dog and, if indeed it is a Caviler, his name will be Cecil if he's a boy. Not sure what to name her if it's a girl but I kind of have my heart set on a male Caviler.
    If you end up with a female, she can always be Cecile, (Se-SEEL) or Cecelia! My Aunt C, who died before I was born, was a Cecile, but Cecelia is more common.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, I couldn't tell you NOW! I ha to meet the dog, see the look, movement, style, get to know the personality. Sometimes takes a couple or 3 day to see what suits!

I usually stick to names with 2 syllables, ending in a "ee" sound. I was taught this is what the dogs can recognize most easily (attending border collie sheep herding trials as a child).

Marlin arrived here at age 9, he knew his name. But I often call him Marlee. He doesn't hear the soft "n" sound at the end anyhow, why bother saying it? LOL.

Of the pups I have now, Lacey is the only one I named.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    If you end up with a female, she can always be Cecile, (Se-SEEL) or Cecelia! My Aunt C, who died before I was born, was a Cecile, but Cecelia is more common.
    YES! I like that, Karen! OK, now I have a name for my future caviler male or female I love the name Cecelia but too many syllables for a dog. I like Cecile. So...Cecil for a boy and Cecile for a girl

But when I'm ready to get another dog, the kids will be several years older and I'm sure they'll want a hand in the naming process, so I may not get to choose the name. I guess we'll cross that road when we get to it.

Seeing how chihuahuas have a life span of 20 plus years. And how Mister will be turning 4 this June. I am good on getting another dog anytime soon. And I agree I must see the dog and get a feel for what it's name should be. However IF I do get another dog I want a bigger dog and deff another male.

Bailey
    Maya
    Blitz
    Hailey

Ill probably stick with the color theme I have now.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

When I was younger I picked out cool names for potential dogs. And I actually got to name a couple of dogs over the years.

But then I got into rescue, and most of the dogs I take in are already named. So, over the years, I've kind of given up on naming dogs. Of the nine dogs I have now, my son named three of them, and the other six came already named. And not names I would have chosen, by any means. *sigh* I just don't even think about it anymore ... whatever they are named, it's fine.

I do like dog names which match the breed's country of origin, though. I think that's nice. I groom some Scotties named Aberdeen and MacIntosh. And some schnauzers named Wolfgang, Trinka and Zeigfield.

I also like pairs of names on a theme ... I once though Isis and Osiris would be cool names for dogs.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien