Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prince Max-July 2, 1992-January 15, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    "Sometimes God calls our loved ones home to heal." - Anonymous

That is lovely. Thank you.

I am so very sorry, slick. My deepest sympathy to you.

Rest in peace, beloved Prince Max. You are so much missed and grieved.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}},
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Slick, I want you to know how very sorry I am. I haven't been keeping up with PT like I should but something just drew me here today. My heart sank when I saw your post.

I know so very well how it feels to lose a heart kitty. My heart still aches when I think about Scout. Nothing I can say will make it better but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace sweet Max. You will be missed.

From Decker with Love

Slick - I'm so sorry to hear this -
    my heart aches for you.
    Godspeed Max
    you, Slick.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I wanted to added my condolences to you in the loss of your dear boy. Hopefully you can take comfort in knowing you did everything you could to help Max, always thinking of his well-being first and I hope that in time the happy memories will come to mind easier than the sad ones.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Oh dear friend, what can I say to make it hurt less? Nothing, I know; there are no magic words. I pray that the God of all comfort envelopes you in His presence.

Please, Slick, take care of yourself.

{We love you dearly.}

I am so sorry to hear about Prince, please accept my deepest condolences.

Many thanks :)

To all who replied, I appreciate your thoughts, your hugs, your prayers and most of all your love.

It was a peaceful passing but that doesn't make the pain any less intense. On Friday morning when I got up I had no intention of making the decision that day. Thursday night he didn't eat so I thought I would leave it one more day and if he still didn't eat Friday night then I would call the vet.

I proceeded to get ready for work but before heading into the shower I reached down beside the bed (he loved being squeezed between the bed and the night table) I picked him up and as soon as I looked into his eyes I knew what I had to do. I emailed into work that I would not be in.

I called my neighbour Betty who came over to day good-bye. I called my Mom and she took a cab down here to say good-bye also. I wanted to be alone when he passed so Mom to a cab back home.

After Mom left, I took a brush to Max and brushed him all over. I wanted him to look nice when he met God. Then I sat down on the couch and held him close to my chest where he could feel my heart beat.

Dr. Singh and his assistant arrived at Noon. Max was given the sedative and he silently slipped into sleep. I held him and told him how much I loved him. I told him that I hoped I was the good Meowmie that he deserved. He was then given the final injection and he was gone. I held him for a few more minutes, I rocked him, kissed his little forehead and all of his feet and told him that I would see him when it is my time to go. He was placed in a box wrapped in warm blankets. After Dr Singh left, I fell apart - I fell to the floor and sobbed like a child. It's been so long since I've felt this kind of pain, this kind of emptiness, this kind of loneliness.

Anyway, I had to pull myself together and go to work in the afternoon where I was productive and focussed. However when I got home and opened the door, the apartment seemed so empty, so hollow. You all know what I mean and how I felt and still feel. Yes I know, the pain will subside and I will eventually fill the void with another rescue kitty but for now I grieve, and I grieve big time.

I will post pictures in the next reply.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Pictures

I will start with last November when I started putting up the tree.

Can I help decorate????

He decided to check it out even before the decorations were on. Silly boy!

With more decorations on.

Ahhh, that's better. ZZZZZzzzzzz
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

The day he passed...... :(

The following pictures where when he was in my Mom's arms about an hour before he passed on.

I love this one because it looks like he winking.

I have asked for his ashes back. He is my kitty and I need him near me.

--unknown

--Polar Express

Slick, Thanks for telling us about his passing and for posting these heartwarming pictures of him under the tree and with you holding him in your arms. I know that this must've been very difficult for you. You can tell that you both had a very strong bond and don't be surprised if you see him some time in your condo. I know that your home feels very empty now but eventually when you're ready I know that you'll find a very special kitty to share your life with again. You just need to grieve now but please take care of yourself. (((HUGS)))

He was so beautiful! I can see why he was so special to you. The special ones are still with us in our hearts and what really matters never really ends. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and Max.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you for posting all these pictures. I am proud to know that Max has been in my arms too- and I still think I can feel him.
    I know the story very well and I am happy that he had the chance to pass in a dignified way and could say goodbye to some of his friends.
    It will be a tough weekend for you.
    Sending my and Siegmar's hugs to you.

I am so sorry for your loss. Knowing I am facing this same issue, I have tried to avoid this forum... but I felt so strongly about letting you know that I was thinking of you that I had to let you know.

Our heart kitties sure do know how to grab hold of our heartstrings, don't they?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Sweet Slick, no one will ever convince me that Max wasn't winking at you. It was his way of saying "It's ok, Mom; you're doing the right thing". Such a beautiful, soft, sweet boy who was so fortunate to have such a loving, compassionate, dear Mom. Right now your pain is almost palpable but Max feels no pain, no anguish, no sorrow, nothing but peace. My Puddy, Pidgie and Peeka were all there to greet him as were all the other RB kitties. What a welcoming kitty committee! We've all been blessed by knowing Max and you, Slick. One day without even realizing it your mourning will find itself without you and it will become a bright morning sunkissed w/loving memories of dear Max. It will happen. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11