Thread: My daughter got her own dog.

My daughter got her own dog.

My daughter who is almost 19 moved out on her own 6 months ago, too young and she is not going to college but she plans on going to college soon. Anyway she got a job making pretty decent money so she got her own place.

I told her numerous times not to get a pet because I want her to move back home and go to college, I have two polar opposites, one with a 4.5 and high aspirations and one that doesn't really enjoy school.

Anyway I need to get a picture, my husband doesn't know yet, she kept it from me for two and a half months and just popped it on me at christmas.

I was so mad I didn't want to meet him, well tonight I gave in. OMG he is so freaken adorable, he is a pure bred shihtzu and he is just adorable. She got him from a lady who was a byb and was in trouble and trying not to get in trouble so she just wanted to find him a home.

He is still intact unfortunately so I am going to help her find a low cost spay and neuter clinic. I have never held a little boy intact...

Pictures coming soon, he is gray and white.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh puppy! How old is little Shih Tzu puppy? Name? Can't wait to see pictures of the little boy!
    Good call on the neutering, let us know when you find a clinic!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Oh puppy! How old is little Shih Tzu puppy? Name? Can't wait to see pictures of the little boy!
    Good call on the neutering, let us know when you find a clinic!
    Max is one. I will post pictures soon.

I have been frosted!

Aww! Sometimes us kids need to figure things out on our own. Heck, I got married at 18 (yes I was in college but...) lets just say my mother was fine with it but wasn't THRILLED with it. We've been living on our own since then. Right now is a rough patch with money... and this is going to sound horrible... but we just found out that my husband is getting deployed again next april, so we just have to make it till then.

Who knows, maybe this will give her some responsibility. I know my dogs have. I'm sure she'll go to college eventually... She probably just wants a break from school. I can't wait to see pictures though!!!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Of course that grandpup of yours is adorable. He's a Shih Tzu!!

Can't wait to see pics.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yep, as difficult as it is for parents, sometimes they just have to let the kids learn from their mistakes. I moved out before I graduated from high school. About a month after I turned 18. But, of course, I moved back home several times over the years until I turned 30 and met Bruce.

I can't wait to see pictures of Max. My friends mom has two Shih Tzu's and they are just adorable!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aw! Don't be too mad at her. You raised her in a home that loves and respects animals, so I'm sure she'll do right by Max.

I also got married at 18 and we got a dog (our pomeranian, Bitsy) right away. Both my husband and I had pets our whole lives, but Bitsy was the first dog we were 100% responsible for. We've had Bitsy for 9.5 years and she's been one of the greatest things in our lives. She taught us a lot of responsibility when we were so young and she's been very good for both of us. I really think that having pets matures you a lot and even gear you up for if/when you become a parent (though hopefully that'll be a few years away for your daughter).
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Hey, at least she had enough sense to get a small dog, right? When my sister was your daughter's age she adopted Skylar. I don't believe she did any research, as she does not have the lifestyle fit for a Husky/GSD.

I can't wait to see little Max! I have developed quite a soft spot for little dogs.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Hey, at least she had enough sense to get a small dog, right? When my sister was your daughter's age she adopted Skylar. I don't believe she did any research, as she does not have the lifestyle fit for a Husky/GSD.

I can't wait to see little Max! I have developed quite a soft spot for little dogs.
    Yes our Bubba was her dog, he is half shihtzu half poodle, I wouldn't let her take him when she moved out, I did let her take him for weekend, I thought that would appease her

I have been frosted!

Aw, go easy on her. She obviously takes after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Aw, go easy on her. She obviously takes after you.
    Yeah thats what scares me!

I have been frosted!

I agree...she's learned how to love and care for a pet from the best! Everything will be fine!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner