Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRIIIIIIIIIICKIN' A... when it rains it poors!

FRIIIIIIIIIICKIN' A... when it rains it poors!

Well.... when we brought Mable home, my aunt gave me her crate with this really fricking sweet stuffy made by Milkbone. Wouldn't you know it... a squeaky. Not last night, but the night before last, we put indigo loose in our bedroom to eat her food. Appharently, the dogs gutted the Milkbone stuffy and I didn't know it, and she brought it into the bedroom with her. I was sitting in the living room watching tv (next to my bedroom door) and I hear this Weeeeeeez, Weeeeeez... yeah, the reverse sound of a squeaker. I did what I could to try to make her throw it up.

This morning she puked twice, and didn't touch her food so i brought her to work with me to watch her. Well, she went all day playing HARD with the dogs here at my moms house (work). I guess she chowed on their dog food... but she puked again.

I have an appointment in the morning at 9:45 to "make sure it's not an upper respritory issue". From there we will have to make her drink some crap to dye her innards, do x rays and possibly exploritory surgery. From what I hear it can cost upwards to 1200 tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm gonna do, I usually have a credit on my account at the vet, but I paid for all that stuff for mable and I'm sitting her stuck like chuck. Things will fall into place if it needs to financially I'm just ready to cry lol. Things were just starting to turn around financially. I was planning on extending my kennel set up by my birthday (next month), but freakin' Indigo seems to like to surprise me around then. Last year it was puppies 2 weeks earlier than there earliest due date, this year... a fricking blockage.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Oh man... I'm wondering if she did ingest the squeaker. That would be a huge bummer.
    When they give her the barium enema, the doc will for sure know if she did. Fingers & paws crossed!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

yeeeah it was an enema not a drink lmfao. I'm pretty sure she did get the squeaker

Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Oh MAN...I hope the enema will do the job! Poor you and poor Indigo.

Have a look here: http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

It IS a loan, but interest free for whatever you can pay off in the first 3 months. (That was the time period last time I looked).

Prayers for you and Indigo!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Oh MAN...I hope the enema will do the job! Poor you and poor Indigo.

Have a look here: http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

It IS a loan, but interest free for whatever you can pay off in the first 3 months. (That was the time period last time I looked).

Prayers for you and Indigo!
    Unfortunately, I burned the bridge for CareCredit... i got it to do some of my own dental work a few years ago, but while at the check out counter, still out of my gord, I gave my old fart the OK to charge his own dental bill on it. Yeeeeah, Care Credit helped for my wisdoms, but by the time he added his tab to the card, I was screwed! It'll all work out though, I have faith Thank you for the concern about indigo I hope the enema works as well.

Google that b*tches

Awww, hope everything "comes out" okay! Oh, Indigo, squeakers are NOT food! We know you are a terrier, you don't have to go to such lengths to prove it, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Indigo. Squeakers are no fun once you've ate them.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Will be waiting for the update tomorrow. Fingers crossed that everything
    will work out.

----<---<--<{(@

They sure do love the squeakers, don't they?! We have to be extra careful with them too.. pretty much no stuffies around here.

I know how hard it is to spend so much $$$... My other half lost her job in Dec... and then we found out a week later we needed to do a $2200 knee surgery on Eli. We used CareCredit.. but I saw what you posted.. so hopefully you have another option. Good luck Indigo!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Thank you guys, I will definitely keep you posted. I think, I hope by now with how many freaking dogs I bring into that place the vet is flexible with me and probably will let me make payments.... I'm crossing my fingers.

Google that b*tches

Boy oh boy, do they ever love those Squeakers! My dog Sarah(a Yorkie) loves hers, I am sure glad she hasn't ate them yet!

My mother-in-law gave her Chihuahua a hambone, and she ate it whole. It got stuck in her throat, and she would throw up all the time. The vet had to push it down her throat, and into her stomack, and do surgery on her to get it out. LOL, she ask if she could have the bone back, and he looked at her really funny, and asked if she was going to feed it to her again.LOL!

I hope Mable will be alright, which I am sure she will be. Bless her little heart, we just gotta love them don't we? I'll be thinking of you and your Mable.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Just be glad you don't own Labs. I've read (much o it on here!) that they will ingest just about anything: rocks, socks, and everything else too.

Indigo, best of luck, hope that squeaker come OUT!

Is Mable missing her toy?

Thank you guys so much for your concern.

LMAO no, Mable hasn't even done anything as much as sniffed anything from her "previous life" she was a-ok to let that darn toy go! I really hope everything "comes out alright" lol.

Google that b*tches

awwww poor indigo.....i kno wut ya mean by those d**n squeakers......wen dozer swallowed a rock i called the after hours clinic and they told me that hydrogen peroxide is wut the do to induce vomiting.....jus for futher cases have some handy..........well i will b waiting for the update.....u guys are in my prayers tonite

Well this morning, I took Indigo in to the vet’s office, the first two x rays didn’t show anything, and she didn’t show any discomfort in her abdomen. DUH, squeakers don’t have metal to show up on x-rays, and I knew she wasn’t in any physical discomfort, it’s just when she was eating yesterday she would throw up… so before I left her behind at the vet I dropped 140.00 Well, I just talked to Dr. Thoma. It's looking like a partial blockage since she hasn't digested her food from this morning... but there isn't any throwing up going on so that's a plus... she ate 5 going on 6 hours ago. She said she has found a few foreign objects inside of her, but she can't really make out what exactly they are. They are going to keep her over night to watch her and see if she passes the Barium by the morning, and take two more x rays to make sure all of the barium has moved completely from her stomach. If she doesn’t need surgery tomorrow, my tab will be around 600.00 if she does… the surgery itself can be anywhere between 200-400 dollars. I think if she needs to have the surgery, I’ll just have her spayed while the vet is poking around in there. I really don’t want to spay her at this point…she’s always been my spoiled child without any rules…and in the last few weeks I decided to get on the ball with OB so I can do the same things with her as I am working on with the babies. Hakunnamattatta. I just don’t want to put her under anesthesia so many times… If she goes to surgery this time, it’ll be her fourth time in 3 years being anesthesized. I don’t want to keep doing it for unnecessary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by amberlynn View Post
    awwww poor indigo.....i kno wut ya mean by those d**n squeakers......wen dozer swallowed a rock i called the after hours clinic and they told me that hydrogen peroxide is wut the do to induce vomiting.....jus for futher cases have some handy..........well i will b waiting for the update.....u guys are in my prayers tonite
    Thanks I used the peroxide as soon as I hear her wheeze. It wouldn't come up because of the odd shape. A rule of thumb just in case... if he's difficult to go down, it'll be just as difficult coming back up. If your dog swallows something sharp, or any chemicals don't induce vomiting because it will do a lot more harm than good

Google that b*tches