Thread: New 4 way coupler = walking made easier! 15 pics

New 4 way coupler = walking made easier! 15 pics

I have Isabel / Husky Mom to thank for finding this and letting me know about it. It is a 4 way dog coupler, made to order. The woman has many, many colors to pick from. I stuck to the colors I've used with their winter jackets and winter sweaters: 3 red (for the gals) and one blue for Marlin.

It was this series of pics which made Isabel go looking for something for me.

She told me those 4 leashes all tangled up made her crazy, he heee. Most of the pics today are the dogs' backs, sorry!

Here you can see my hand holding ONE leash! Tasha and Sugar on the left, Lacey and Marlin on the right. Notice Marlin is on a blue strap.

The pups saw the groomer yesterday, so they are white and fluffy and I still have their bows on their harnesses.

Moving right along!

Sugar arrived here properly taught: walk on the street or sidewalk, only go on the grass to pee, then back down to the street again. She spends a LOT of time pulling back as the other 3 never learned this.

The other 3 were all busy at the stop sign pole.

Poor Sugar, standing by her training!

Stand by, more pics coming!
    Last edited by Freedom; 01-14-2010 at 03:53 PM.

I finally got them all moving along again, to Sugar's relief.

Another pole, another problem. I think Sugar is going to teach them -- NOT!

Initially they did get themselves tangled up a bit. Over time they will learn how to walk properly and not braid the straps. The straps are 20 inches, which is plenty of room! I had put Marlin on the outside thinking that being a boy and lifting his leg . . . . But it wasn't a problem.

Here is a short video - I was able to keep them walking a lot more, stopping to sniff less!
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_annotate?v=YoucYYki3dk

This is the one I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-DOG-COUPLER-3-...item1e59bf29ce

She also makes a 4 way which is 2 dogs in front, 2 dogs behind (like mushing!) but I didn't want that. She offers 6 way for those of you with 5 and 6 pups!

Thanks for looking! But most importantly: THANK YOU, Isabel!!
    Last edited by Freedom; 01-14-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Neat! It'll be nice to have my other hand free so I can talk and walk!
    MY RUGRATS

wow that is perty neat......i would like to get one of those but would it be a problem if the dogs were different sizes..???

That is pretty cool. I don't think that one would be too much of a problem with different sizes since the straps are pretty long and then you have the leash. The smaller one may not be able to move out as far, but 20 inches seems a pretty good length.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Hi, Fluffs! I like your new coupler and I like your winter sweaters in the first photo! I'm glad you got a sunny day for walkies
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by amberlynn View Post
    wow that is perty neat......i would like to get one of those but would it be a problem if the dogs were different sizes..???
    If you already walk the dogs together, then you are setting your pace for the slowest one, so it should be fine.

The fluffs are looking as adorable as ever! Its neat how all four of them walk so nicely together in the video. Once I tried walking our three together and all went well until a squirrel crossed our path. You can imagine the chaos that caused!

And thanks for the link to the ebay page. I have been walking Ethan & Sala together a lot lately and getting a coupler for them would make life a whole lot easier (I imagine). I love the thought of being able to pick which colors the coupler will be, too!

By the way, the link to the video wasn't working, but I got this one to work:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoucYYki3dk
    Anyone else have this problem?
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

OMG Freedom the fluffs look to happy and your hands are much freer now, they look fabulous with their new coupler

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

They sure look cute and I'm glad that it's making life easier for you too.

Thank you everyone. Yup, we are enjoying the new way of walking.

I love the coupler but I think if I had 4 like Koko I would have to find a sturdy tree to tie it to. I have enough trouble holding back her 100 lbs when she sees a squirrel or another dog. Maybe I can find a big wagon to pull around.

hey!.. .. you´re welcome!!.. I actually was gonna buy it for her but she beat me to it... hehe.. nice to see you more free.. and they seems pretty good in it.. love how you got 3 reds and one blue.. so cute!!

and they all look so fluffy showing it off.. hugs to all the fluffies
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365