Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Haiti Earthquake?

I cant stand that man Pat R.. He is a joke.. That is as I always say is What Comes Around Will Go Around.. Just what Candace said It Takes a Devil to know One..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Doll, I have been thru FIVE quakes and they don't make you feel good.

You wave bye-bye to storms, flood and stuff like that. Quakes? you never see them coming.
    You can always move to FL and watch the hurricane reports with me and the birdies. You can be their Uncle Richie!

On a more serious note, I am one of the performers at an inter-faith, international concert tomorrow night to celebrate the memory and commemorate birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It has been decided that none of the musicians will take money from the love offering that will be collected. We will be donating it all the earthquake relief fund. My heart hurts for those people. . . .

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    You can always move to FL and watch the hurricane reports with me and the birdies. You can be their Uncle Richie!
    Great!

At least I know when to get angst-ridden. I can schedule my time more appropriately?

Let's not forget the other ray of sunshine - Rush Limbaugh.

Speaking on his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the earthquake has played into Obama’s hands, allowing the president to look “compassionate” and “humanitarian” while at the same time bolstering his standing in both the “light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country.”

He added: “We've already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.”
    link

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Let's not forget the other ray of sunshine - Rush Limbaugh.

link
    Moron!! He can stand beside PR and get the same treatment that I wished for PR.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I had to stop watching the coverage. My heart hurts for these people, specially the children. I wish I could put my arms around them all and make the terror go away and make it all better for them.

A man at Walmart this morning was complaining about everything. Nothing major just the wait time to check out didn't suit him and nothing else on the planet did either. I told him he should be grateful he wasn't in Haiti. That shut him up!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

We have had threads about good and evil, religion and such....

I say, "what kind of god would visit upon such poor people, such pain?"

It's bigger than us all, but just small enough to affect everyone.
    You know, Richard, I often wonder if I have a different version of the Bible than others do. In mine, Jesus, was the first in line to heal or help someone who was hurting. He didn't turn his back on anyone.

When asked what the greatest commandment was he said to love God with all your heart and love your brother as yourself. Not just love people you like or the ones who are tall or short or green or rich. Just love all of them. He said if you do that, all the other commandments will fall into place.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I tried watching the coverage but found it too much. Our Governor General is from Haiti and she had to excuse herself from speaking during the coverage as she started crying and couldn't go on...that's when I stopped watching, just too sad.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    You know, Richard, I often wonder if I have a different version of the Bible than others do. In mine, Jesus, was the first in line to heal or help someone who was hurting. He didn't turn his back on anyone.
    I do understand. I went Catholic school-the one with the nuns from BOSTON, and I have always wondered about his putting a finger down anywhere on the planet and having his way with us at times?

Is it too naive to believe my god doesn't do earthquakes and stuff like this?

To me?
    It's more like a problem with mother nature and god steps in afterwards to help us clean up the mess?

I am in no way trying to discredit any god, religion or belief that anyone practices.

I just think of god as being as benevolent as you have described, I just don't see him doing earthquakes or tsunamis to people.

It's not his style?

------------

As I get older, I don't judge people by their god, It's far more interesting to know they believe.

Text Yele to 501501 for a $5 donation to help Haiti through Wyclef's org or HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 through the RedCross.

This is a very tragic thing, most of my family lives in the D.R. and they even felt the impact. Haiti had so little to begin with, now they probably have not much left.

One of my friend's grandma died and her cousin is the hospital...please send more prayers for my friend!
    MY RUGRATS

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    According to Pat Robertson, it's all due to Haiti's pact to the Devil.

Link

Personally, I think his age is catching up with him

I think Robertson has been dotty for years now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

When asked what the greatest commandment was he said to love God with all your heart and love your brother as yourself. Not just love people you like or the ones who are tall or short or green or rich. Just love all of them. He said if you do that, all the other commandments will fall into place.

What a wonderful post. Thank you Moff. ((Hugs))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My church sent out an email today, and we will have a special offering for Haitian relief. Funny enough, the song the choir is going to sing was picked prior to the quake, but we are sing "His Eye is On the Sparrow," which seems appropriate.

I wanted to add that my pastor rarely send out an email, so this is obviously different, tragic and important.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy317

Text Yele to 501501 for a $5 donation to help Haiti through Wyclef's org or HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 through the RedCross.

This is a very tragic thing, most of my family lives in the D.R. and they even felt the impact. Haiti had so little to begin with, now they probably have not much left.

One of my friend's grandma died and her cousin is the hospital...please send more prayers for my friend!
    Were any of your relatives in the DR hurt? We are only hearing about damage in Haiti. In any case, tell your friend and family we will be keeping them all in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I do understand. I went Catholic school-the one with the nuns from BOSTON, and I have always wondered about his putting a finger down anywhere on the planet and having his way with us at times?

Is it too naive to believe my god doesn't do earthquakes and stuff like this?

To me?
    It's more like a problem with mother nature and god steps in afterwards to help us clean up the mess?

I am in no way trying to discredit any god, religion or belief that anyone practices.

I just think of god as being as benevolent as you have described, I just don't see him doing earthquakes or tsunamis to people.

It's not his style?

------------

As I get older, I don't judge people by their god, It's far more interesting to know they believe.
    There is an evil force in the world that my Bible calls Satan. I believe the evil in the world comes from him. The good that comes out of the evil that Satan creates comes from God. God has been cleaning up after Satan since the Garden of Eden. I also believe some day, God will have enough of it and put a stop to Satan once and for all.

I am like you, I don't judge people by their god but by their hearts.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 01-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I too could not watch long, it breaks my heart. The suffering will go on for a lifetime. Many of these children will have nightmares for years, some might never feel safe again in their homes. The far reaching efforts of this is more then most of us can bear, so we change the channel and watch something that amuses us, all the while their suffering goes on. I hope that we as a people do not forget them next week when new Tiger Woods news comes out.
    The faces of the children haunt me so...............